CVT in manual mode

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
altim8
Car: 3.5 Dark Slate Altima Coupe w/ premo package and VDC

i like to live by the precept "no question is a stupid question," so here goes...

can someone explain to me in laymans terms, how to use the CVT in manual mode? i am one of those sorry saps thats never learned how to drive a stick shift and this is completely new to me and i would love to perfect it but i dont want to burn out the "clutch" or do anything that could affect my car. i have downshifted a couple times while driving and it gives a pretty effective boost, but is it ok to hold it down? i let off around 5000rpms.

i honestly know nothing about this new system and cant seem to find anything about in online... any help would be much appreciated. thanks!

flex317

From a stop light using auto shift. you are a 1st gear....when you take off and you hit 3000rpm, you push up and you will be in 2nd gear...so on and so on until you get to the speed you need to get to. it is a 6 speed auto shift. if you are on the freeway, and is stuck behind someone slow, you would then downshift from 6th to 4th gear to get a boost and pass the slower cars. i hope this helps...

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”