CVT hum on 2015 Murano

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
Donavon
Car: 2016 Nissan Murano LE

This hum may not be coming from the CVT but I think it is.. The hum is in the 50 to 60Hz range.It always happens at 1000rpm on the tachometer. It can happen at speeds from around 20 to 50 mph as long as the tach. reads exactly 1000rpm and I am neither accelerating or decelerating. In other words the cvt drive belt is neither pushing or pulling much. If I decelerate a little or accelerate a little the rpms come off the 1000 a little and the hum stops. The hum sounds like sub woofer putting out a 50 to 60 Hz sound just loud enough to be a little annoying. If you have a 2015 Nissan Murano or not I would like to know what you think is causing this. I have checked for loose heat shields under the engine and found nothing. It seems to me that if it is the cvt it would be in the input section and not the output since I get the hum at various output rpms and the same input rpm.

Donavon

Yibo829

I have the exact experience with my 2015 Nissan Murano. I heard the hum at 1000rpm from day 1. Have you found the solution to this problem?

phjake
Car: 2015 Murano SL

The sub woofer is located in the back cargo area on top of the spare tire. You may want to check to see if its tightened down.

big_c
Car: 08 Rogue SL AWD

It's normal. The CVT is programmed for optimal fuel economy and as a result, the transmission adapats to your driving style. If you have been on the highway, it will try to keep the RPM as low as possible. This translates into a feeling that the engine is lugging..give it a tiny bit more throttle and it will wake up

Return to “Murano Forum”