CVT drain and fill quantity?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
00pathyse
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan

Hello all,

I recently purchased a 2007 Altima 3.5 SE sedan with the CVT. The car is great and am enjoying it. I want to do a CVT fluid drain and fill and was wondering how much CVT fluid I will need. I have 6 quarts on order, will that be sufficient? Thanks

Ranga14
Car: Boosted 08 Altima Coupe 3.5

I think it takes 5 quarts.

00pathyse

Thanks, mine took 4.5qts.

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

Pay a Nissan dealership to first inspect your car's CVT fluid to determine if it needs changing and what percentage of CVT fluid needs to be changed.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

seldomseen wrote: inspect your car's CVT fluid to determine if it needs changing and what percentage of CVT fluid needs to be changed.
Gonna have to throw a NOPE on that post. With fluids in a transmission or differential (or anywhere else in general), you either need to change all of it or you don't need to change it. Putting half new fluid in with half old fluid with like washing your face with the same washcloth you just washed your a** with. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

For reference, here is how to inspect your CVT fluid should you feel the need to do so yourself (and you have the proper equipment to get safely under the car to do this procedure - if you do not, then DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO SO and take it to a professional to have it inspected.

00pathyse

The initial interval is higher than the subsequent intervals just for that reason. You aren't replacing all of the fluid.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Is what you're saying in context of the design of the assembly not allowing you to get all of the fluid out at any given point? That is the only caveat to halfway replacing the fluid in the assembly that would make any sense to me.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”