CVT clicking noise

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
LisaShepard
Car: 2014 Nissan Versa Note

I have a 2014 Versa Note SV with 47000+ miles. After an oil change and CVT computer reprogram (per Nissan recall), I started hearing clicks and clacks when I slowed to almost a stop as well as upon take-off from a stop. There was also a "shudder" when I stepped on the gas from a stop. I took it to the dealer, they kept it for two weeks doing tests and eventually Nissan told them to replace the CVT, that the problem was internal. Well I've had the car back for a week now and yesterday I started hearing the click-clack again as a slow to a stop. I haven't noticed the shudder....yet. Does anyone else have this issue?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Thankfully, no. Did you take it back to the dealership again? What did they say?

caseyleelo21
Car: 2014 Nissan Versa

Mine is doing this also , but also did something weird this morning where it like powered down in a way when I switched from reverse to drive , Did you ever find a solution to this ?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hi Caseyleelo21, yours sounds similar, but different. Did you just get a CVT replaced and now you have click and clack like the person above? Have you taken it back to the dealership? You might want to create your own new thread to get attention for your own issues. Also, the person above might not write back about their progress. It's been nearly 10 months and no word from them.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”