CV boot Replacement

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
robsis35
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35

I have a 2006 M35 RWD and the dealer tells me that my rear driver side CV boot is torn. They say that the axle has to be replaced because there is not 'kit' for the boot. Couple of questions. Since it is rear wheel drive, would there be two half shafts coming out of the differential on either side to the wheels or is it one solid axle from wheel to wheel on this car? Is there actually cv boot replacements that i can get or do i really have to replace the axle because of the tear in the boot? Any advice would be appreciated.

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

the amount of work to take the axle out and replace the boot is longer than replace the axle itself. if you do want to change the boot yourself, i do have a kit that i bought but didn't use. I end up swapping the whole axle because it's quicker.

macgiver

Most like to keep their ORIGINAL axles , I do , and cruzad3r 's offer I think you ought to take , sounds like a standup nicoclubber. And that shop didn't knock the integrity of the axle per se - just the boot. Thing is ,you ARE talking "reman"/ "rebuilt" , and cause - "Like a box of chocolates , you never know whatch ya gonna get ?? " :lolling:

robsis35

Talked to another person that said the same thing about just replacing the axle. They also said to replace both to have two new ones. Did you get oem axles or good aftermarket one if there is such a thing?

midnightclub619
Car: 2007 Infiniti M35x

I agree with swapping both axles out at the same time. Replacing the boot is extra work but if that's something you want to tackle, feel free. They sell replacement axles all in one piece so all you have to do is remove the old ones and insert the new ones. I replaced my front axles on my 07 AWD and haven't had any issues. I believe I found mine on eBay but were reman thru ARC Remanufacturing. Not sure if Detroit Axle or any other site has them cheaper.

robsis35

I think i will go with just replacing the axle since that sounds like the easier option and cleaner. I will look into the axle options you listed. Thanks for all the information.

cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

yup ARC reman is what i used. i believe the seller is in New Jersey and i've been using them parts for years. in term of replacing both, i think that's over kill. to be honest, at this day and age, the car only job is to keep rolling. no need to spend more than necessary. my 2cents

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”