custom turbo kit

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
1LoSX
Car: workin on my car

starting a turbo kit for my ka24e and wanted to know if anyone knows of anygood prices for a manifold or turboor ect? also will i have to rechip my ecu for the turbo or no ? thanks

sapix @ RHIT

wow, thats really general, if your planing on adding a turbo to your car and are looking for the parts you need some idea what you want. For the manifold, do you want top mount or bottom mount, Equal Length? What kind of material. For the the turbos what kind of power are you thinking about? Do you want a ball bearing turbo. Internal or external wastegate?

Picking out all your parts is a great way to get what you want, but you have to have some idea of what you want. I would recommend picking the parts based on what you want, not what is on sale. You may save a few bucks today, but you may regret it tomorrow if you pick up something that you don't really want. The most important thing I can tell you is to do lots of research. Learn everything you can, going from NA to Turbo is a big step, a lot of things change.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”