Custom Stereo?

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
Brandon6127
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

I have a 2008 altima 2.5 SL. I just have the normal stereo with steering wheel controls. I am looking to take the stereo out and add a 7" touch screen and use the steering wheel controls as well. My 2 problems are...1 - a dash kit that fits this stereo along with the automatic climate controls, 2 - the wire harness to plug in my steering wheel controls to the new stereo. Anyone know where i can get either. I saw a dash kit on ebay but i wasnt sure if it would work. Also if you have done it could you show me final product pics? I want it to look factory or as close as possible. Thanks.

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Brandon6127 wrote:I have a 2008 altima 2.5 SL. I just have the normal stereo with steering wheel controls. I am looking to take the stereo out and add a 7" touch screen and use the steering wheel controls as well. My 2 problems are...1 - a dash kit that fits this stereo along with the automatic climate controls, 2 - the wire harness to plug in my steering wheel controls to the new stereo. Anyone know where i can get either. I saw a dash kit on ebay but i wasnt sure if it would work. Also if you have done it could you show me final product pics? I want it to look factory or as close as possible. Thanks.
Welcome to NICO. This should probably be in the Audio/Video section. It would likely get more visibility there.

Now, to your questions:1. This has been discussed in depth. Unfortunately, you will not be able to find an OEM looking kit for cars with auto climate controls. Check this thread for more info on this.

2. PAC Audio makes an adapter for aftermarket head units to retain usage of steering wheel mounted buttons. Please check the A/V FAQ link in my signature for more information on these products.

Brandon6127

Oh sorry about the location of post. I belong to nicoclub,nissanforums and nissanclub. Just trying to do a few things here and there to my new car and got confused on the websites i had open hah

Brandon6127

http://forums.altimas.org/zero...48558

These guys have factory and aftermarket screens with dash kits and auto climate. Is it possible that an 07 model or newer would fit with auto climate controls and take a double din stereo?

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Brandon6127 wrote:http://forums.altimas.org/zero...48558

These guys have factory and aftermarket screens with dash kits and auto climate. Is it possible that an 07 model or newer would fit with auto climate controls and take a double din stereo?
I believe those are basically just overlays that you stick on top of whatever is already in the car. I don't have one installed myself, but you can definitely use them with aftermarket head units and auto climate controls. Doc (rjdmmfl1) has the carbon fiber look in his car. If you look closely, you should be able to see the metra kit behind the carbon fiber trim kit.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”