Custom off-road 2018 Nissan Rogue SL AWD 4wd

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Kashdon
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I couldn't find another post like this. I had been planning doing this which was to put larger size off-road aggressive all terrain Toyo Open Country AT III tires and also add 1 inch wheel spacers to give a stronger broader stance. I was going to add a 1.5 lift but realized 235/60/18 still fit with no rubbing. It handles better. I rides better. Less body roll. Takes bumps smoother. Just all around is superior to the stock look or factory specs. Here are some photos and I'll try and put one in of before. My model is 2018 Nissan Rogue SL AWD loaded every option except for moon roof. Black on black. My next mod will be a wind/bug deflector and then adding red interior accents.
Attachments
IMG_0080.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg
IMG_20230704_153518.jpg
IMG_0079.jpg

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I have the toyo open country lll for a few years since they came out. Love them, rides great and absorbs the road better then oem. No problem in rain or snow when it does snow if ever in my area.

Just remember it has duel sidewalls, I prefer the more aggressive side as my personal preference. Supposedly, additional grooves radiating from the shoulder lugs. Choose which side you think looks better.

Perfect alternative if you don't want the heavier KO2's.

If you play your cards right you can even use the Toyo's with superior wheels that might even end up lighter then the original oem setup. So less unsprung weight should not affect your original mpg's.
:mike

I also got a 1.5-2 inch lift cheap spacers from Russia on my first generation. American companies don't make it for the original Rogue, Still rides like it tracks on rails. Never had it aligned either because I didnt want to ruin it's perfect straight driving when I let go of the wheel to see how perfectly straight it drives. :woot:

Also got a wind/ bug deflector. Use it more for looks and protecting the few inches of the hood I guess. :rotfl

Pity they don't hook you up with mud guards. My SLawd came with them. I even added more coverage by cutting some black rubber material and using the existing holes on the oem mudflaps as a guide and made mine bigger by still utilizing the oem in the same position. Layered on top of one another.

Svtrit

I’ve been looking at the ReadyLIFT kits and viewing wheel and tire combos on TireRack. I’ve had great luck with Cooper AT tires on trucks, and would love a bronze off-road wheel on my black 2019 Rogue. I don’t want any spacers, as I don’t trust them and it puts unnecessary load on the bearings.

Yours looks really good. How’s your mileage now?

casperfun

Svtrit wrote:
Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:13 am
I’ve been looking at the ReadyLIFT kits and viewing wheel and tire combos on TireRack. I’ve had great luck with Cooper AT tires on trucks, and would love a bronze off-road wheel on my black 2019 Rogue. I don’t want any spacers, as I don’t trust them and it puts unnecessary load on the bearings.
I’m curious what lift kit would you be using, the only non-spacers I could think of is air-suspension coil overs as the only other possibility.
:werd:

Moreover, the bearings should be a non-issue as long as the lift is below 2 inches because car manufacturers build 2 inches in tolerances so geometry is not affected. I don’t know if my wording is right but this was when I was researching everything about lifting my Rogue. I didn’t want to mess anything up, especially with my cheap lift. Mine were 1.5 inches in the front and 1.75 inches in the rear.

If anything is more prone to breaking, in my case it would be the boots from the angle. As this seems to be a norm on lifted vehicles in general. I used a high angle red boot used on Toyota SUV’s on the passenger side and never had a problem.

The driver’s side has ripped a few times. The old oem, a new oem boot kit I replaced myself, and the boot on a new cvt axle. I got a new cvt axle out of frustration with the ripped boot.

I don’t know why I didn’t use a high angle boot, I guess I thought it might not fit on that side. But I ended up buying a flexi-boot and it’s been going strong the last few years after the initial mishaps.

I did the lift right before the pandemic. After all the issues, we riding good today with no problems.

The only other benefit is that the cheap rubber spacers absorb vibration better then metal spacers. Anyways, I had no choice but to go the cheap route since I had no options. I took a gamble as I saw this lift as an experiment which luckily I have no problems today. :woot:

Svtrit

I meant wheel spacers. I don’t trust those.

The ReadiLIFT uses spacers on top of the struts.

casperfun

Yeah, I researched wheel spacers too. Making wheels stick out a bit more or having wider tires look kinda cool but all my research showed it was a pretty shady set-up unless they had certain technical specifications that make it stronger. I think I saw the info on some YouTube video long ago. So there’s a right way and wrong way of doing it. Personally I never wanted to add any extra issues to the equation.

I got a lift and bigger all terrain wheels for a more rugged look. So everything basically for looks.

PowerslavePA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/Platinum

Lift or lowering to any height does not effect wheel bearings if you correct the
camber angle. Spacers will effect wheel bearings, the farther out
you go, but that does not include wide tires on factory rims, and no
spacers. No matter how high or low the chassis is, the weight is the same.
Heavier loads require larger bearings to support the load. You are
not making the chassis heavier by raising or lowering it. You will change
the camber angle, but if it's still in spec, you're fine. If you're a full
degree or more out, you need it corrected.

Since these cars have axle shafts, you will put more stress on the CV
joints because they will be on an angle all the time. You will reach the
physical downward angle limit on the CV joints much faster, to where
you can break them.

The safest way to raise one of these cars, is with a taller tire, and a maximum
of 1" lift. With the taller tire, you will lose some low end torque, and take
more to get you up to speed, but highway MPG may go up.

SPACERS:
By increasing the offset of the wheel, you place more stress on the axle's studs,
and in a front axle application on the unit bearings (or spindles) and ball joints
of the axle. You also increase the tire scrub radius, changing the way the vehicle
handles and increasing the difficulty of slow-speed turning.

Wheel spacers should only be used on live/solid axle, rear wheel drive
to widen the track. It is really not recommended for this application
However, a wider rear tire will help with track, as long as it is the same
diameter as the front tires.

You can look ALL this information up on spacers, and lift. Don't just take
anyone's reply as gospel. GOOGLE it...

Return to “Rogue Forum”