Custom CVT Dipstick for 2018 Rogue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

OK, I had some free time. Decided to make a vehicle specific CVT dipstick for my 2018 Rogue that was made in Korea. Depending on where your Rogue is manufactured determines the actual dipstick length. First, I started out getting the specs on the Nissan dealership service CVT dipstick. Second, purchased on Amazon a similar sized dipstick, ignoring any fluid level markings. Documented part numbers and specs provided in the GIF file. You can recalculate based on any of the listed vehicles. With all the concerns with Nissan's CVTs, you would think Nissan would make it easier for owners to properly maintain. https://app.box.com/s/objjkiceis40xawe35ggsodunzi9783u

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The most common cause of DIYers destroying CVT's is incorrectly reading sticks and overfilling the tranny. That's why they were eliminated, because even a half-pint overfull is a CVT-killer. So while you might do things right, there are millions of stupid people out there who, if given the opportunity, would cause expensive warranty CVT replacements because of basically-unprovable abuse. I think it's forgivable that Nissan would rather not pay for that.

If you are a conscientious owner and choose to make your own stick, you should drain and refill a quart or so of fluid using the leveling plug method in order to confirm that your new stick is correct. The stick should read near the top "warm" line after using the plug. Re-mark it accordingly if you find it's off.

tedc
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV
2021 Nissan Sentra SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:10 am
If you are a conscientious owner and choose to make your own stick, you should drain and refill a quart or so of fluid using the leveling plug method in order to confirm that your new stick is correct. The stick should read near the top "warm" line after using the plug. Re-mark it accordingly if you find it's off.
I agree with your recommendation and will do it come summer. Always enjoy your contributions to this forum.

Return to “Rogue Forum”