custom box in my s14

NICO's official source for Nissan upholstery, carpet, headliners, and trim information!
Hoffman5982
Car: '95 sr20det 240sx

i posted this in the wrong section 2 weeks ago but the only response i got was telling me to post it in this section.

I rebuilt my box 3 weeks ago.the old one was the first one i ever built and i was proud of it.it looked nice,but it sounded horrible. my friend thought it would be smart to cut holes in the bottom facing the frame so it would hit harder. neadless to say it was a bunch of vibrating and little bass,but it still looked nice. the new one is ported and it gives me some trunk space. it isnt 100% complete yet. i ran out of money to carpet it because 1)gas was still kinda high at the time and 2)I have a girlfriend....nothing more to say. But carpeting is all thats left. this one sounds great. its sealed and is built down into the wheel well which means i have to call someone to bring me my spare if i get a flat tire.my system literally sucks but it still sounds decent for such crappy subs and amp.i have 2 sony xplod 10" and a bazooka 300w mono amp.theyre enough to make the roof shake. but soon im upgrading to 2 alpine type R's and an alpine amp.

heres the old system.i had alot of problems with it. the rack holding the amp kept breaking which meant the amp was just sitting on the floor alot.

and heres the new one.completely sealed,i made sure of it.

about a week after i completed the box i was taking my backpack out of my trunk and realized id blown about an inch of the rubber seal flat off the bottom sub. it didnt make it sound any worse so i said screw it and havent touched it.tell me what you think

BillCollecta=240
Car: 1990 240sx(Blue) , 1990 240sx(Red), 2004 GMC Sierra 2500,

save the money for the alpines, thats what i did,i have two 12inch alpine type r's in a ported box facingaway from me, plus a alpine pdx 1.1000 amp with at least 4awgwiring, and i recommened a good quality deck so you can tune your system, i have a pioneer 6000 series and you can screw withthe eq settings alot so its pretty nice. All in all save your money for a good system dont go cheap and expect it to be bumpin in the trunkhere are two pics of my set up, well my winter set up

you have a good start but my advice is saveyour money for better quality, and there arealot of factors that come into play to picking out a sound system

[IMG][/IMG]

LeroyBrown
Car: 1995 nissan 240sx s14 blacktop

looks good.

Hoffman5982
Car: '95 sr20det 240sx

thanks but i had a new box because i got 2 12" kenwoods and an alpine amp.then i totalled my car so i have nothing til i find a new 240

Return to “Interiors”