Cusco JDM Strut bar

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
Nissan-S14
Car: 95 Nissan 240SX SE

I was trying to find this info, but couldnt really get the answer, will the JDM parts for the S14 fit our 95-96 240SX. Parts such strut bars, sway bars, springs & etc.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

yes... same car

Nissan-S14

Does anyone have the Cusco Strut bar? Any comments on it.

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

Its gonna be the same as most other strut bars. A metal bar going across your car can't have too many variations on it...you're paying for the name.

Two-Forty

That's what im saying, it's a metal bar holding your car together, the name is not going to make anything any better. The design might though, some strut bars are linked at 4 points instead of 2, those might be worth to be putting in more money.

Anand

I wanna get a rear upper strut bar.... I can't find any for cheap. I don't want to spend $150+ for one.. htat's a rip off.. I have an OBX front one and I swear it handles just the same as any $100+ ones do...

APEXi240
Car: 08 Versa S hatch

You're right it does...however for the rear I haven't seen to many. Pilot I know makes one, but it may only be for the S13, I got no clue though. I know Cusco and Nismo make them, but thats big money.

I would like the Cusco CF rear SB but that is like 250 or something...it sure would look nice though.

Nissan-S14

thanks

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

quality does matter. theres a few things to consider about strut bars:1. weight2. materials3. construction

weight is obvious, and I have two of the lightest made, a APEX-I n-1 front and Cusco C/F rear.Materials refers to how stiff the actuall materials are, titaium, carbon fiber, forged alluminum, etc, can all make a difference. Construction is a big one, the more parts that can move, or arent anchored correctly(adjsutment nuts, or those locking washers on the bar itself) can cause the bar to be less than rigid compared to a better constructed bar.

anyways, your not just "paying for the name" most of the time. You get what you pay for. Now, sure theres some "fluff" that goes into certain companies like JUN/STILLEN etc, but their products are usually tested and dseinged and amde much better than the OBX type "lets put a bar in there cheap" strut bars.

-chet

also, black240 not to be a *****, but when did you change out your strut bars with the "100+" ones? have you driven an idnetical car as yours with one in it? or are you just guessing.....

Nissan-S14

ok i know carbo is a very strong material, however it is bendable. So what carbon be recomended???

Anand

Quote »also, black240 not to be a *****, but when did you change out your strut bars with the "100+" ones? have you driven an idnetical car as yours with one in it? or are you just guessing..... [/quote]

No I didn't have the 100+ ones in my car but I do know a S14 in my area who does and I have driven his car and so I do know first hand how they both feel when driving! I'm not saying that there is no dif at all. but for the most part.. unless you are going to actually race on the tracks or be an all out racer or something.. these cheaper OBX/Pilot ones will do the trick! and not just do the trick.. they perform very well... in some products, it is what you get is what you pay for but that is not true in all products...

Lepchitz1
Car: Cars, and LESBIANS!!!

its all personal prefference when it comes to that stuff

Exar-Kun

:withstup

yeah, I was wondering, I use mine/am going to use mine for track useage probably 3-4 times a year(maybe more) at road atlanta so I tend to like well enginered things, and prefer to pay a little bit more to get that extra bit of better materials/construction/weight etc...but yeah most people might not notice the differences. much like some people cant tell the difference between american beers.

-chet

MasterMan
Car: nothing running at the moment city buses "uck here

ebay man.. i just bought front and back strut bars for like 60 bux.. not bad if u ask me.. and hell like u all say.. its just a metal bar they are all about the same..

Exar-Kun

I dont doubt it. Im not refuting you can get decent quality stuff inexpensively if you know where to look. :)hell, i work in the auto industry, with aprts vendors all the time. I know who amkes what "name brand" brake pads, etc...and the cost difference. the material difference is soemtimes very negligably, other times signifigant...depends on the company and product

"WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

-chet

240canuck

I got a ractive front bar for my s13 and am waiting on the rear the names not the best but it looks nice and is cheap 80 bucks cdn for the front 80 for the rear it is hollow aluminum flatened bar not just round stock it really looks trick can't wait to see the rear.

airtak

i have a custom front strut bar, I think this bar is great. It really improves the handling. for real!! I went to a shop last week and they told me that cusco don't make rear sway bar for 97-98 S14, but cusco they do make rear strut bar for S14.

airtak

R240NA

Cusco DOES make a rear sway bar and 3 different styles of rear strut bars. My thinking on strut tower bars is simple, as long as it's adjustable you can compensate for most production or design inconsistencies. The OBX/Pilot are only cheap because the hardware sucks, throw it away and buy some nice grade 8 bolts and you're fine. I run Cusco and Nismo bars because I prefer to blow money up a wild hog's ***. There are no other rear S14 bars currently other than Cusco and Nismo. Do a search, we had a long thread on this a while back.

Nsport240
Car: My Car

dont let anybody tell you that there are any differences between the 95-96 s14 and the 97-98 s14a when it comes to suspension. the suspension is all the same. The only differences are the headlights and taillights, some added emmissions control devices, and side skirts for the SE model. Suspension components are interchangable between 95-98.

Nsport240
Car: My Car

I just checked, and http://www.Nsport.com (no relation) may still have a generic rear strut bar for $45 listed on their specials page

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”