Cusco Compact Zero-1 Coilovers

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
bluev
Car: 87 Nissan Sentra Sport Coupe XE

Is anyone interested in these coilovers. I called cusco and they would be able to get them for us. Would anyone even consider these coilovers. they retail for $1550.00 But im sure we could get a better price.

bluev

They could also get the strut bar retails for $168.00 both of these items are special order. ETA would be 6-8 weeks.

Mr. LS

Cusco products! One of the best companies in the aftermarket auto industry. If I had $1500 I would jump on it.

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

^^^ EDXACTLY...very good stuff therei read the title and i was like oh damn ill jump on it alright.

Urq
Car: 82 Ur Quattro & 07 Black Versa SL CVT.

Is $1500 not a lot of money for a set of 2 coilovers for the front and 2 springs for the rear

bluev

I'll order a set of coilovers, and strut bar. Will post pics as soon as i receive.

bluev

Here is a link to strut bar pichttp://www.cusco.co.jp/chinese....html

feloniousmonk

Urq wrote:Is $1500 not a lot of money for a set of 2 coilovers for the front and 2 springs for the rear
And why would you want coilovers on a Versa? It's not like it's a great performance platform... never was intended to be. Seems like a waste of money.

Mr. LS

feloniousmonk wrote:
And why would you want coilovers on a Versa? It's not like it's a great performance platform... never was intended to be. Seems like a waste of money.
Gee I dunno, why does ANYONE want to make THEIR car how THEY WANT? Lowering the car improves handling especially on the highway where less air will go under the car and make it less stable.

feloniousmonk

Mr. LS wrote:
Gee I dunno, why does ANYONE want to make THEIR car how THEY WANT? Lowering the car improves handling especially on the highway where less air will go under the car and make it less stable.
Nothing wrong with making what's yours unique, but gee you don't need to spend $1500 to lower the car. Do you cut butter with a 10 hp chain saw? Go ahead, waste your money or rack up a credit card debt. It's yours, not mine.

Mr. LS

feloniousmonk wrote:Nothing wrong with making what's yours unique, but gee you don't need to spend $1500 to lower the car. Do you cut butter with a 10 hp chain saw? Go ahead, waste your money or rack up a credit card debt. It's yours, not mine.
That is unrealistic. A better analogy would be cutting butter with a platinum butter knife when a plastic one would have done the job...

Coilovers give better control over height, some also have dampening control. It really depends on how you want a car to handle. Now putting a turbo on the car is a different subject, that would be dumb, but anything that improves handling I don't see a problem with AT ALL.

I don't get myself in debt, that is what cash is for, gotta be a baller.

blacksmaru
Car: 07 Versa SL

i for one see nothing wrong with wanting to improve your cars handling , that along with brake upgrades and seat harnesses just might save your life one day....

Urq

But the kit for the Versa is only for the front?Wow so I get to raise or lower my car in the front only! While the rear stays the same hight?Oh wait theres more I could change the stiffness of the car too but only in the front?

And all I had to spend was $1500

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

why dont you just buy the tanabe adjustable coilovers and save yourself $500 bucks and adjust front and back? thats what i want to do.... maybe next tax season....

Urq

superskunk wrote:why dont you just buy the tanabe adjustable coilovers and save yourself $500 bucks and adjust front and back? thats what i want to do.... maybe next tax season....
How do you adjust the rears when all they are is springs

bluev

take a look at this linkhttp://www.cusco.co.jp/en/what....htmlits for a honda fit, but same set-up as the versa struts in the front, and shock in the rear with springs. if you look at the shocks for the rear they are height adjustable and so are the springs. Front & Rear adjustable i would say.

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

bluev wrote:take a look at this linkhttp://www.cusco.co.jp/en/what....htmlits for a honda fit, but same set-up as the versa struts in the front, and shock in the rear with springs. if you look at the shocks for the rear they are height adjustable and so are the springs. Front & Rear adjustable i would say.
But no shock in the rear with the kit or is it not pictured? Given the lack of aftermarket shocks if you are lowering the back too much on an OEM shock it won't last long.

Then there is still the issue with coilovers on this car of at what point of lowering does it become impossible to get the alignment settings corrected with the OEM adjustments (since there is no aftermakert support for that).

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

biggie wrote:But no shock in the rear with the kit or is it not pictured? Given the lack of aftermarket shocks if you are lowering the back too much on an OEM shock it won't last long.

Then there is still the issue with coilovers on this car of at what point of lowering does it become impossible to get the alignment settings corrected with the OEM adjustments (since there is no aftermakert support for that).
the shashy?.....shashy

weems84
Car: Versa SL

superskunk wrote:why dont you just buy the tanabe adjustable coilovers and save yourself $500 bucks and adjust front and back? thats what i want to do.... maybe next tax season....
The tanabe also has more range in height adjustment. Check out the pics on my car domian. That is as low as the car will go. About a 2.75" drop or 70mm.

feloniousmonk

Mr. LS wrote:
That is unrealistic. A better analogy would be cutting butter with a platinum butter knife when a plastic one would have done the job...

Coilovers give better control over height, some also have dampening control. It really depends on how you want a car to handle. Now putting a turbo on the car is a different subject, that would be dumb, but anything that improves handling I don't see a problem with AT ALL.

I don't get myself in debt, that is what cash is for, gotta be a baller.
I know what coilovers are and what they do. I am 36 and I've owned several sets in several different cars over the years. One doesn't need coilovers to get good handling. That is a false notion mass marketing has instilled in you. Coilovers for street applications are, for the most part, for looks. They allow you to slam it as low as you'd like to make your car look fit for a magazine photo shoot. Believe it or not, a car with the right combination of springs, shocks, toe, camber, caster and swaybars can handle just as well as one equipped with coilovers. In some cases swarybars aren't even needed. And we're only talking about hardware. Driver skill and tire choice is a whole other part of the equation.

If you truly want maximum performance out of coilovers, you'd want something with adjustable compression and rebound damping (or even ones remote reservoirs, http://www.motonsuspension.com/) and the knowledge to tune them properly in accordance to track, driving style and environmental conditions.

$1500 towards a set of mediocre coilovers could be $1500 (and more if you invest wisely) towards whatever high performance car you desire. Hell, that $1500 is probably better spent at Skip Barber or Bondurant. You don't NEED coilovers to make a street car handle better. It's a "want", not a "need". But, hey, like you said, it's your money to spend foolishly.

Quote »I don't get myself in debt, that is what cash is for, gotta be a baller.[/quote]You're probably too young to get a credit card, yes? Good, keep it that way.
Modified by feloniousmonk at 8:51 PM 6/6/2008

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

blind_snyper wrote:
the shashy?.....shashy
hahahahaha... "gord, why are you dressed like a f*cking english bobby"

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

wow always drama in like every thread i post in... omg.... whos coming to the LA versa meet?

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”