Cue the bell for round 2

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
bigbadberry3

And we're off!

bigbadberry3

Who is the frickin camera man....

bigbadberry3

Eh, nothing impressive about 75 minutes in. Going to lean Obama due to China comment, lack of details STILL about this 5 point death from Romney, complete and utter dodge by Romney on women.

stebo0728
Car: 1993 300ZX, White, T-Top

I think overall, anyone with a horse in the race thinks he won, anyone undecided didn't get much out of the night.

The aggressiveness toward each other was amusing.

I liked Candy for the most part, but she did throw PRESBO a bone there on that Libya statement. He said "no acts of terror will distract us....", he did NOT declare the Libya ordeal to be a terrorlst attack. Candy helped him sell that one.

bigbadberry3

Do people not get that the embassy attack was an attack? No one cares what it's called it was an attack on US.

Marenta
Car: 2008 Mopar Crap AND '91 Isuzu Impulse RS

Okay, this one goes to Obama. He was more direct, however he wasn't so thorough on his specifics like he was in the first debate. Romney was more genuine than he has been previously, I will say. I wanted to hear a bit more for Romney on those damned loopholes. >.>

stebo0728

The issue is not whether it was an attack. The administration blamed it, falsely, on a non existent riot about a movie clip 8 people worldwide had watched, when in fact it was a well organized Al Queda (sp?) attack, when Obama had already spiked the Al Queda football when the SEALS killed Osama.

bigbadberry3

stebo0728 wrote:The issue is not whether it was an attack. The administration blamed it, falsely, on a non existent riot about a movie clip 8 people worldwide had watched, when in fact it was a well organized Al Queda (sp?) attack, when Obama had already spiked the Al Queda football when the SEALS killed Osama.
Ha spiked. If i was spiked we would be outta there already. Regardless, the fear in Mitt's eyes when the mod said act of terror was like he just heard his bank swiss bank account was over drawn.

Marenta
Car: 2008 Mopar Crap AND '91 Isuzu Impulse RS

Double post: on Libya, the president can't call people out on the security malfunction. He did the right thing taking responsibility when Candy redirected and said something about Hilary taking the blame. He is the president, there is nobody other than himself who he can throw under the bus.

NightRiderQ45
Car: 1998 Infiniti Q45

Romney is a loser and he really thought he had something with the Libya situation...until he was called out for BEING A LIAR by the moderator lol!!! Political disaster!! Same guy who says he likes coal, but is on record for closing a coal plant! He still never gave any details on his 5 disaster plan. Says he cares for 100% of the people, but is on record for saying he doesn't care for 47%...loser! He was a total bully who tried to bully the moderator, but she wasn't having it. Kudos to her! If anyone thought that Romney won this debate, I would like you to explain his proposal because no one else doesnt know including romney.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

No Libertarian voice on the stage and the Green Party candidate gets arrested for trying to enter.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 ... tions-2012
Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein was arrested outside of Hofstra University on Tuesday after attempted to enter debate grounds.

According to Stein's campaign press statement, Stein and running mate Cheri Honkala joined supporters outside the Hofstra campus at 2pm, where Stein declared, "We are here to bring the courage of those excluded from our politics to this mock debate, this mockery of democracy." When they started to walk onto the debate grounds, they were stopped by police officers, and then the two women sat down on the ground.

Student-run news organization Long Island Report posted a video of Stein and Honkala sitting, with an officer arguing, "You're blocking traffic." After Honkala stated, "We want to practice our first amendment rights," the police can been seen removing the women from the ground and leading them away.

According to the campaign, Stein and Honkala were then arrested. Press contact Glenn Turner confirmed to HuffPost that Stein was arrested and as of early Tuesday evening was still in jail, charged with disorderly conduct.
Ah, democracy at work. It makes the heart flutter. perhaps she should have identified herself as a "community organizer." I would call the conduct of the President these past four years "disorderly conduct." :squint:

Both these guys are hollow p****** who live in fear of a real debate.

http://thepage.time.com/2012/10/15/the-complete-m-o-u/

Just read the MOU
http://thepage.time.com/2012/10/15/the- ... campaigns/

Yeah, keep believing either one of these transparent jackasses is the answer for what ails America. I'll be over here stocking up on necessities for the coming of hyperinflation during term 2 Obama or term 1 Romney. It's like Freddy vs Jason. No matter who wins, after the fight, they are coming for you.

stebo0728

NightRiderQ45 wrote:Romney is a loser and he really thought he had something with the Libya situation...until he was called out for BEING A LIAR by the moderator lol!!! Political disaster!!
You might want to check the presses on that comment. Even Crowley is rolling back her response on that one and says Romney was right. Go watch the youtube of his statement that day, he in NO WAY proclaimed a terror attack. The only reason you have a terror attack sound byte that day was because he had been discussing broad attacks, not Libya specifically.

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

I think Obama won this round, but it certainly was not a landslide. I doubt it changed many opinions. I thought this one was moderated a little better.

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

Assault weapons? Really? What a wasted question.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

NightRiderQ45 wrote:Romney is a loser and he really thought he had something with the Libya situation...until he was called out for BEING A LIAR by the moderator lol!!! Political disaster!! Same guy who says he likes coal, but is on record for closing a coal plant! He still never gave any details on his 5 disaster plan. Says he cares for 100% of the people, but is on record for saying he doesn't care for 47%...loser! He was a total bully who tried to bully the moderator, but she wasn't having it. Kudos to her! If anyone thought that Romney won this debate, I would like you to explain his proposal because no one else doesnt know including romney.
Get the fork ready

Romney is almost done :chuckle:

Telcoman

stebo0728

telcoman wrote: Get the fork ready

Romney is almost done :chuckle:
Me thinks you weren't watching the aftermath. Bedtime right after? Insta polls gave Romney the bump on economy 65%. Obama did NOT get the outcome he needed. He did better, but hell after Denver he couldn't have done worse. If you really think Obama almost has it wrapped up, I won't burst your bubble, but if you think Obama has a prayer of coming back on foreign policy come Monday, well I have some ketchup popsicles to go with those white gloves you're wearing.

Grant it, I've not decided Romney has it in the bag either, its extremely close, but if you're sleeping well at night watching MSNBC, well I'm happy for you and your peaceful slumber. The rest of the country is paying a bit more attention.

Romney reminded me of a father dealing with a rebellious child who makes excuses for his ill behavior.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

stebo0728 wrote:....... but if you're sleeping well at night watching MSNBC, well I'm happy for you and your peaceful slumber. The rest of the country is paying a bit more attention.
Romney reminded me of a father dealing with a rebellious child who makes excuses for his ill behavior.
Romney got wupped by our president.

Watch the poll numbers over the next few days.
After Monday nights debate Romney will be done

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2024 Honda HR-V
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

stebo0728 wrote: Romney reminded me of a father dealing with a rebellious child who makes excuses for his ill behavior.
Or perhaps like a CEO?

stebo0728

Telco, I have no doubt that in your heart of hearts you believe that debate was a whuppin'. You needed it to be, and for you it would have been if Obama had just managed to stay awake through the thing. You and I don't matter though, we're both already decided voters. Cast aside your own assessment, and look at how the undecided's (if there really is such a thing). How did they react, the polls tell a different story than your "whuppin" fable. 65% lean for Romney on the economy?!? With 60ish% saying economy is priority 1? And Obama's done on domestic policy, be slept through debate 1, which focused on domestic policy, and he barely managed to keep up last night. Worse yet, he won't have another chance to hit hard on it, besides the ads no one watches anymore. And you think he's got a chance to recover on foreign policy? Keep dreaming. He's screwed the pooch there. And why? What interest was served in misleading America about Libya for 2 weeks? He wouldn't have been blamed for the attack. He DID already proclaim that Al Queda was dead and on the run, but even with this attack contradicting that, it woudn't have hurt him.

Im biased, I know, I've already decided, and I like Romney's America better than Obama's, but I'm really trying to be objective here. For one, I dont want to get my hopes up just to be let down. I'm fully prepared for an Obama win. But I tell ya, after that second debate, seeing the inner details of the polling, not just the top row spun out numbers, and watching the Luntz focus groups throw Obama under the bus, its not looking pretty for Berry. He's still in it, no doubt, and its going to be a tight election, and if enough prospective Johnson voters see the err of their ways (I kid...I kid....) then Romney just might pull this off.

stebo0728

And with you're age, if you don't have fond memories of headhunter binders, then what was your trick to getting the hamburger patties perfectly crispy but not burnt?

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

Liked what Romney had to say about education and parenting, but that's about it.

Return to “Politics Etc.”