Cube Head Unit

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
rev2red
Car: 2007 Honda S2000

Does anyone know who makes the head unit for the Cube (with the fosgate system)? I've heard it is made by Clarion but I wanted to confirm. Cite your source if possible.

D3stro

Might be possible that it is Clarion. On the 2002-06 Sentra SeR SpecV, the ''Fosgate'' kit was actually made Clarion. Just pull the HU, you should see the brand sticker on it.

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

Any recommendation on how to pull the headunit?

Insterested installing an amp and speakers.

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

i am swaping my oem stereo for the kenwood i had on my xterra so i will do a DIY post here later.i even have a feeling that the conections for the xterra will be compatible for the cube since is an 08, that weird antenna conection lol!

smac103
Car: pearl white cube s

miata007 wrote:Any recommendation on how to pull the headunit?

Insterested installing an amp and speakers.

i changed my head unit very easily, below the ac controls are the 2 peg hooks, remove the hooks and there are screws, remove them, and then gently pry the ac control cover from the bottom,(mine popped off rather easily (the ac controls stay in place, just the bezel comes off. once that bezel is off , you can see the two screws on the bottom of the radio bezel, remove the screws and gently pry that bezel off, (mine popped off pretty easily) SEE BELOW*the rest of the radio install is pretty straightforward, double din radios, such as the pioneer i installed go in with no mods using the original brackets, but you will need both the main harness, and the antenna harness to complete the job.*VERY IMPORTANT* DO NOT disconnect the air bag light from its connector on the bezel, especially if you turn on the ignition to test the radio (from experience) if youve done this, i can give you the code sequence to clear the "air bag error light" that WILL occur, but just dont do it in the first place

smac103
Car: pearl white cube s

damian666robin wrote:i am swaping my oem stereo for the kenwood i had on my xterra so i will do a DIY post here later.i even have a feeling that the conections for the xterra will be compatible for the cube since is an 08, that weird antenna conection lol!
Damian: you are correct about the antenna plug , i'd never seen one before, but it is a rectangle plug (about 1" by 1/4") with the antenna lead and a 12 volt lead for the amplified antenna, probably the same one you are describing.A very experienced local shop had both harnesses in stock for me.

miata007
Car: 2009 Cube 6sp, 2005 G35 sedan

Smac,Thanks for the detailed info on pulling the head unit.I do haven an extra pioneer double din lying around but do have hi concern with theft if installed in my car.

Will consider putting in a shock sensor to the factory alarm system first.Any of you plan to do so?

Thanks007

damian666robin

sweet man i am glad i keept the radio adaptor from the xterra, i remember back when i first got it no one will have it i looked all over the valley but then the funniest thing....the best buy down the corner from my house had it....haa haaa!

damian666robin

miata007 wrote:Smac,Thanks for the detailed info on pulling the head unit.I do haven an extra pioneer double din lying around but do have hi concern with theft if installed in my car.

Will consider putting in a shock sensor to the factory alarm system first.Any of you plan to do so?

Thanks007
went thru that twice for not having better alarms so yeah i will upgrade my alarm first before installing good stuff on it he he, do the classic mcdonals or jack in the box papper bag in front of your sound so people wont see it it work all the time back in the days when i had my first cars

Return to “Cube Forum”