Cube Handling

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
chuxk79
Car: 2010 nissan base cube 6 speed

Just Curious Is it me or does anyone else notice. I have a 2010 base cube 6 speed and I notice that in any winds the car seems to get for the better choice of words blown around. The steering is extreamly positive. Other than that its a pretty nice car but my 04 xb seemed to handle better. Also I said this in a previous post my shifter moves a little in 4th and 5th when you throttle up and then back off, but a cple of people say they do that.
Thanks CHUCK

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

Shifter movement is normal, as long as it is not crazy though...

I think everyone gets blasted around the highway. Lower car and wider tires will eliminate it a good bit.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Cube handling is pretty damn impressive after lowering / good adjustable shocks / more tire.

Crosswinds are gonna be an issue regardless, due to the slab-sided profile. No way around that. :)

TBrack
Car: none

You bought a CUBE and didn't expect to catch wind gusts?

Every manual I ever drove had that movement from the torque coming off the tranny so I don't see that as an issue.

D3stro

For the question about wind, well, let just say that this car is as aerodynamic than a wall of bricks.

ChopsQube
Car: 2010 Nissan Cube 1.8

Yep, wind shoves it around a bit. As far as handling is concerned, it does amazingly well all stock. If you get wider wheels and stretch the stock tires over them, the sidewalls no longer flex like they did on the skinny stock wheels. As mine sits right now, it stays pretty much flat through the corners. The only thing that bugs me is that the rear wants to swing out a little under high-speed cornering (50-70mph) under moderate braking.

Zero2Endless
Car: 2002 VW GTI 337 (Sold) 2009 Pearl White Cube 1.8S 6MT

LoL I call mine an Air-Brake hahahaha. Yeah it gets tossed around...but +15 offset wheels and lowering springs helped SIGNIFICANTLY. People will agree with that as well. I actually took it on a mountain run too and it did pretty darn well!!!

Zero2Endless

ChopsQube wrote:Yep, wind shoves it around a bit. As far as handling is concerned, it does amazingly well all stock. If you get wider wheels and stretch the stock tires over them, the sidewalls no longer flex like they did on the skinny stock wheels. As mine sits right now, it stays pretty much flat through the corners. The only thing that bugs me is that the rear wants to swing out a little under high-speed cornering (50-70mph) under moderate braking.
The rear end does want to break loose for sure...however sway bars and braces should help alongside with springs...

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

Hmmm... I do not think I have had a case with the rear wanting to swing out for me, I must not drive fast enough! ;)

But yea, my car feels like it handles on rails now and doesn't seem to plow through turns like my previous vehicle.

ChopsQube

Zero2Endless wrote:LoL I call mine an Air-Brake hahahaha. Yeah it gets tossed around...but +15 offset wheels and lowering springs helped SIGNIFICANTLY. People will agree with that as well. I actually took it on a mountain run too and it did pretty darn well!!!
You've got +15 offset wheels and lowered without rubbing? Any wheel, lowering spring specs? Any pics?

ChopsQube

Zero2Endless wrote:
ChopsQube wrote:Yep, wind shoves it around a bit. As far as handling is concerned, it does amazingly well all stock. If you get wider wheels and stretch the stock tires over them, the sidewalls no longer flex like they did on the skinny stock wheels. As mine sits right now, it stays pretty much flat through the corners. The only thing that bugs me is that the rear wants to swing out a little under high-speed cornering (50-70mph) under moderate braking.
The rear end does want to break loose for sure...however sway bars and braces should help alongside with springs...
At first I thought that the brakes might be biased too much in the front, but I also notice it if you let off the throttle through the turn. Too much weight transfer I suppose. Stiffer shocks would probably help with that.

Zero2Endless

ChopsQube wrote:
Zero2Endless wrote:LoL I call mine an Air-Brake hahahaha. Yeah it gets tossed around...but +15 offset wheels and lowering springs helped SIGNIFICANTLY. People will agree with that as well. I actually took it on a mountain run too and it did pretty darn well!!!
You've got +15 offset wheels and lowered without rubbing? Any wheel, lowering spring specs? Any pics?

Yah the XXR 513s..no rubbing. I like the set up a lot...ummm I have cell phone pics....ill have to take some with my Cam again and throw em up...

Return to “Cube Forum”