CUBE GIVES ME A BACKACHE!

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
brobson
Car: 09 cube

I've only had it a week or so but my back aches at night.I don't know what to do.I've googled nissan but no cube issues only sentra, etc.any suggestions anyone?????

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Have you tried a seat cushion or pillow? I know it's sort of lame to have to think about getting a pillow or cusion, but if you have to sit in the car for a long commute, and you wind up being sore.. it might be just the ticket.. A little extra cushion can soften all the bumps.

You could try switching up your posture and seating position as well. Perhaps a little more recline? It might make a big difference.

KandA
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube SL

What trim did you get? Before we bought ours, we test drove the S and the SL. There was a night and day difference in ride comfort between the two. My wife has slipped discs in her back so the ride comfort is really important for us. In the S she was getting aches after a 30 minute ride. We have taken trips in he SL that take 4 hours and no aches.

If you have the S, look into upgrading your seating to the SL level. If you have the SL, I would look into those mats/seat covers with extra back/lumbar support and see if that helps.

CubeRich
Car: 2010 Cube 18.S

Hmmm... I commute 1.5 hours, each way in my 1.8 S and so far, I love the seating. I have a 2010 and looked at several different models. I didn't notice any significant difference between the models, except for fabric patterns.

To the OP..., check out the Clazzio seat covers at beangarage.com, I am pretty sure they have memory foam in them... might be just what you need.

brenda
Car: 09 cube

Thanks looking in to the SL. Used a pillow for awhile but I think it was too big. Just slipped a small pillow into the cushion seating by unzipping. We'll see if that does it.Thanks all.I love my car.One of my friends remarked after seeing it: "That's a CrazyAss Car!....what is it!?"It was high praise indeed!

wingFeather
Car: Current: 05 G35 Coupe. Previous: M35, M35 Sport, cube, J30, s13 sr20det, s13 rb20det, s14 zenki

Cube SL interiors are amazingly comfortable. Perhaps your body is coming down off the numbness it was on when used to your last car?

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

I find that this is the first car where my rump isn't numb after a car ride.

TBrack
Car: none

I take 6 hour trips frequently in my S model and I have never been more comfortable.

Return to “Cube Forum”