Cruise control won't function and IBA light is illuminated

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
immarathonin
Car: 2013 Infiniti M56

I recently had to have the cruise control replaced in my 2013 Infiniti M56 as a result of front end damage due to a deer strike accident. I live in the country, no where near an Infiniti dealer, so the repairs were done locally. After the repairs were done,and cruise control unit replaced, my cruise control was nonfunctional. The IBA light remains illuminated at all times. The repairman says that the car is smarter than he, so that there is nothing that he can do. Is there something that I might be able to do to correct this problem without having to take a day off of work to drive into the city to the closest Infiniti dealer?
Last edited by Rogue One on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

The cars Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC/ADAS) system will have a diagnostic trouble code stored that will help diagnose the issue. A capable scan tool needs to be hooked up to the car to read this diagnostic code.

SwissCheeseHead
Car: 11 M37x, 94 BMW 530i

It requires dealership software to calibrate the laser sensor. It's much more than a DIY/local mechanic can do without the proper software. You will have to go to a dealership and pay them to calibrate it. There's really no other way around it. I don't know what your insurance situation is like, but this should have been included in the original assessment, but now it might not be since you opted to go with a third party.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”