Cruise control difficulty? 2004 q45

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
nedyroc
Car: 2004 Infiniti Q45 V8 4.5L

So I've been searching the forum a while, and my cruise control light will turn on when depressed, but it will not SET. I've checked to ensure my taillights and brake lights are working properly.
I would normally refer to the repair manual but I'm curious if anyone has had and resolved this issue another way.
Last edited by EdBwoy on Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added model year

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Well, it could be any of the pedal switches being stuck and cancelling the cruise right away (the brake pedal has one and if it's a stick then the clutch pedal also). Likewise it could be your cancel switch is stuck pressed in. Those are the quick and easy spots I'd think, oh and fuses of course. Check all fuses related.

You can poke around, randomly replace parts or use a repair manual. The repair manual being the best choice nearly always.

Check here for your FSM if you haven't found it already:
http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/infini ... nuals.html

SolarReaper
Car: 2000 Q45

Same thing happens to me. The cruise light will come on on the dashboard but it won't set. I've checked all of the fuses for the cruise control so my guess would be on the brake pedal switch. On the top of the brake pedal there are two switches: one for the brake lights and one for the cruise control. It should be a little warmer outside in the next few days so I'm going to see if I can adjust the brake pedal switch to fix it. If that doesn't work then I might try replacing the switch next.
Also by the way I have a 2000 so it might be slightly different if you have a different year.

nedyroc
Car: 2004 Infiniti Q45 V8 4.5L

SolarReaper wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:42 pm
there are two switches: one for the brake lights and one for the cruise control. It should be a little warmer outside in the next few days so I'm going to see if I can adjust the brake pedal switch to fix it.
I guess i'm confused, how do you adjust the brake pedal? Also I have a 2004

SolarReaper
Car: 2000 Q45

I'm not sure about on a 2004 but it might be a little different. You're not adjusting the brake pedal you are adjusting the switch on top of the brake pedal. I believe there is a nut that is a part of the switch that allows it to be adjusted. I'm not exactly sure because I haven't had a chance to look at it myself yet. If you look up Infiniti cruise control on YouTube I think there are a few videos that will show you.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Correct, you adjust the switch, not the pedal. You can just move the switch a few threads closer or further from the pedal by loosening the nut and that affects if the button is pushed in and released all the way. What you want to do is put a voltmeter to those wires and make sure the switch isn't always closed (pressed in) and therefor always cancelling your cruise. It's the same for a clutch pedal switch and the cancel switch, although the cancel switch is just a button and has no adjustment.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”