cros threaded hstd

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
enrikegonzalez
Car: 93-240sx-s13/sr20det

I have a block with two cros threaded headstuds i found out when i started to torque them and i have a cometic hg dunno if i still be able to use it again its been twice times of head removal

Speedy7_7
Car: 2002 IS300 And 2008 Nissan Versa

You can reuse the head gasket again, I wouldn't worry about that at all. If your cross threading the headbolts in, it means you have wrecked the threads on the block. There are fixes for this. You should be replacing all of your head bolts at this time, I hope you do, They stretch and should be replaced. Buy the correct size tap, M10x1.25 if I remember correctly. Very carefully thread it into the block, it should not be overly difficult to turn, you just want it to clean the threads up.

enrikegonzalez

yeah the threads on the block are not gone yet to my opinion but one headstud threads have not been completly flatten, also this headstuds have not been running hot so i guess i can re use them, the other bad thing is that i dont have the part number of them arp headstuds

enrikegonzalez

ok so i got to clean the threads on my block but idk if a helicoil will do the fix or what???? i wonder if that will hold it

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”