crankshaft position sensor p0335 code

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
tmill
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S

Hello,

First question I have a 2009 nissan rogue S. I have a persistent p0335 code. I changed out the crankshaft position sensor and it looks as if someone else had already changed it at least once, because there was a piece of tape on the bolt holding it on which I thought was odd UNTIL I tried to install the new sensor and realized that one way of getting the bolt in is to tape it to the socket!!
Anyway, after changing the sensor the p0335 code keeps coming on. I was wondering if I need to have someone do a "sensor re-learn" on it before I move on to looking at other components.
Second question same vehicle...I have a p0456 Evap system leak (very small leak) any suggestions on where to look? I recently lost my gas cap and I thought that was why the code showed up, but I replaced the cap, cleared the code and it showed up again.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Is the new crank sensor OEM? If not, there's a good chance that's your issue. It's also possible you have a misbehaving cam sensor and the ECM is blaming the wrong part. I'd say that happens about one time in ten.

P0456 is almost always caused by a bad seal ring on the Evap Vent Valve, or a bad valve that isn't sealing. There's a bulletin about the o-rings:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 1-0001.pdf

Earthwateruser
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Yeah, I just posted to another thread about a similar issue. Spend the little bit extra and get the OEM sensors. The new aftermarket one I bought worked, but very poorly and I ended up swapping back to the OEM sensor and all is well now.

tmill
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue S

@VStar650CL In regards to the P0456 code. I put a smoke machine on the truck after replacing the vent valve because it is now a large leak P0455 and the leak is coming from a part I cant identify. The hose that connects to the vent valve runs from the vent valve to a connector that is in the frame. The smoke is pouring out of that area but I dont know what the part is or how to remove it from the frame. I took the hose off of it and turned it think maybe it released like the vent valve, but it did come out. Any ideas???? I tried to add a picture of the connector. let me know if you can view the picture

Any help would be appreciated.

connector for vent valve.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That's the outside vent for the evap canister. Smoke pouring out there means the Evap Vent is open. You're supposed to close it off for smoke testing, if you did then either the valve or canister is bad. If you didn't then the smoke doesn't mean anything, block off the exit and re-try.

Return to “Rogue Forum”