Cranks but no ignition

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
smudge801
Car: 2008 infiniti G35x Sedan

03 G35. I changed out the fuse block after finding the socket for the accessory relay (behind the fuse block) was a bit melted. Saw this after replacing the relay next to it (blower fan relay). Starting was fine before the fuse block was replaced. Afterward, the car cranks strongly, but not start. No ignition. 10A ignition fuse is OK. What else could be a problem here?

CarGuy87
Car: 350z, G37s, M35s

Just to be sure, how do you know it's ignition? (and not fuel, for example)

smudge801

You're right, I can't be 100% certain. I can only say it started, ran fine last night. This morning, I changed out the fuse block, which involved taking all the wiring harness connectors off and putting them back after the exchange. Fuse block is from a used vehicle so may not be perfect, but all the blade fuses are ok. I say ignition because it must be an electrical problem. Cranks fine. No codes thrown. I'm thinking now of just changing the fuse block back to the old one. There are a few issues that i assumed were tied to that accessory relay, (power windows, mirrors, sunroof don't work) but none of those were solved. All I've accomplished is causing the car to not start.

smudge801

Carguy87: Followed my instinct to swap the fuse block back to the original and the car started. Guess I'll leave it for now. Still have no power windows, sunroof or mirror adjust, but since it's cold, I'll live with those issues and deal with them another day. I assumed they ran from the accessory relay, but maybe not. The electrical complexity here is beyond me.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

smudge801 wrote:
Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:44 pm
Carguy87: Followed my instinct to swap the fuse block back to the original and the car started. Guess I'll leave it for now. Still have no power windows, sunroof or mirror adjust, but since it's cold, I'll live with those issues and deal with them another day. I assumed they ran from the accessory relay, but maybe not. The electrical complexity here is beyond me.
Have you tried following the troubleshooting in the gw section of the FSM by using your multimeter?

https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Sedan/2003/gw.pdf

See page GW-16

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”