crankcase rotation problem

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
zister
Car: 1997 Q45 T blk/blk

hey, just wanted to get to more of a specific group for possible help or ideas. i had to reset the timing on my twin cam 90 300 zx and over and over i have tried resetting the cams all are aligned and while i was doing this the crank got moved several times but still had no issues with rotating then after setting everything again the crank wont turn more than 10 degrees or so. When i attempt to it goes either left or right and then hits hard like a solid obstruction, i have removed all the plugs to ease things but no luck now there is a possibility of bent valves cause i turned it over by key when it was still out by accident but i figured there would be some give when pushing on a valve stuck open not such a dead stop and so close like i cant even get a full cylinder stroke so i am hesitating on ripping the top end apart till there's info more convincing. can the oil pump jam and cause this can you run the harmonic bolt to far into the snout of the crank and cause this or is it time to suck it up and prep for valve work, and if so is there a way to identify wich head if only one is affected
thanks everyone and appreciate any ideas
:crazy:

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”