crank no start issue

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
GreaseMonkey661
Car: 2007 altima

so i bought this 2007 altima to give to my sister so she can have something to run errands and what not. Car had a bad upper radiator hose replaces it put new coolant, started the car. Coolant was leaking from a clamp shut the car off replaced the clamp, topped off the coolant. Now thw car wont start just cranks and cranks. Car is flooding itself plugs were replaced acts like it wants to start but no go. back fires through intake a few times. Took out the cam sensor and cleaned it nothing changed, picking up a new one on the way home hoping its that. Had a similiar issue way back with the sentra i owned. only code i can pull is P1564 steering switch. any help is appreciated thanks n advance.

macgiver

mac, always for "Flooding" - see what happens when you HOLD PEDAL to FLOOR & CRANK - if it "catches" or not. As a first line of figuring it out. :gapteeth:

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Did the car previously overheat when the hose went bad? Could be some damage there.

GreaseMonkey661
Car: 2007 altima

so i shut off the fuel with my scanner still nothing. So I asked my sister if it overheated. She said it did so i took the plugs out and put my camera in there. Sure enough cylinders were full of water. Started to tear it apart last night hopefully ill have the off tonight so i can have it back friday after work.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”