CPU code 45

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
TampaDriver
Car: Cars

Any of you had a code 45 (Injector leak) on the cpu? I can't figure out the problem yet cause I haven't oppened up the injectors but there are no outside leaks that I know of. The only thing is that the engine oil smells like gas. I still can't put it all together.

drjohn

When the ecm sees a injector leak, that is a internal leak and means the injector is stuck open or not closing completely and dripping into the cylinder causing a rich condition.

TampaDriver
Car: Cars

You know how to check witch injector it is? If I take the injectors out and try to start the engine, would that show?Could it be anything else?

driftn240
Car: umm, cars, computers, car audio

Ihave the same code in my ecm. Ijust rebuilt the upper half of my motor with no luck of starting it. The code is supposed to be Cali. only, but I live in Ohio.

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

if you bought your car used it could have been a california model.

my 91 is a california model, and when i swapped the motor from my other 91 (it ran better, didn't leak oil, didn't knock) as soon as I turned it over after the swap, i got a check engine light.

for two things... one of them a definite california thing... "exhaust temp sensor"

my other engine had it, but the one i put in didn't.bah.. so now i have a stupid check engine light..all the time..

(also get a 'detonation' sensor.

these were codes 34 and 35 i think...

-Dan

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”