Coverlay Dash Cover

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
gavnator
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35X Obsidian Black, Bourbon Interior, Journey, Navigation
2013 Mazda CX9 Grand Touring

Hey forum members. Looking for some help. I remember some folks on the forum talking about Coverlay Dash Cover out of Texas. I believe there were pics from people that have installed this cover on their dash and if memory serve me (not all the time) the dash cover looked pretty good. The reason I'm asking is that Infiniti replaced my passenger air bag in 2017. About 6 months later I saw very small cracks developing the dash.
It's continuing. Not bad, but I believe this is a common occurrence with M dashes after Infiniti has replaced airbags. This is not a car that ever sits out in the sun for any time and always garaged. Anyway If any of you have installed the Coverlay product and are happy with the install, let me know. Appreciate ya.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I believe Larz was one of the first to get one of those and may be able to help.

steve_c
Car: 06 M35x

I do remember that post, cannot find it. The OP gave it a thumbs up, but it was not Larz. I think Larz upped for a new dash assembly from Infiniti at the time he had the work done.
I sure would like to have his dash now, would be great to strip it down & bring it to Infiniti before they perform recall!

gavnator

I'll try another search and hope someone see's the post and comments on the install. Tkx.

2007infinitim45s
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 S

I had this same problem I called infiniti but they told me the one year warranty period passed even though they never mentioned anything about a 1 year warranty at the time sucks that they might have been able to replace it for free. Im getting some vinyl filler from auto leather dye and then going to try to paint over the filler with some black dye and a qtip let you know how it turns out. Id also suggest getting some 303 spray they do have a automotive specific one but not sure if theres a difference this will help prolong the life of your dash and help keep new cracks from forming

gavnator

Hey Infiniti brother; thanks for your support and comments. I have 303. I want to lay off any chemicals on the dash because it will be harder to clean up going with the Coverlay solution. I’m going to continue to go through posts trying to find the post that one of our brothers installed this product. I believe the post was in 2019. The install looked good.

2007infinitim45s
Car: 2007 Infiniti M45 S

youre welcome brother, if you find it let me know ive seen youtube videos on different cars and I agree the product looks really good im also interested and will look, but the price is the only thing thats stopping me from buying it. That and the fact that it looks more plasticy and I really like the luxurious leather type look the stock dash has on it, even though the luxurious looking material they chose to use is also the culprit for why it cracks so easy. Sun shade also seemed to help mine not crack more that and tinting the windows

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”