couple questions about pathfinder

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Johnni
Car: 99 Pathfinder SE

hey all. im new to this site. i searched the web for some answers, and this forums popped up, so i decided to sign up. i have a 1999 Pathfinder SE, bose equipped.

couple quick questions:1) im having heat problems, it will only blow out the top vents (no feet), even if i do set it on feet only, it still blows top. it also blows out hot air when the thing is OFF. anyone know how i can fix this? maybe get a new air control LCD thingy?

2) if i hook up a new CD player and subs/amp, do i need anyhting special or and special adapters since my car is Bose equipped?

thanks for your time and hope you all can point me in the right direction. i love this car and have big plans for Spring/Summer. i'll have some pics up soon.

youngcoke

1 st question i dont know2nd

you wount have problems putting an afftermarket stereo. you might nees special adapters "maybe" i did not. but they are like $20.i got a cd with tv in dash ,and two amps and 4 15 inch subs and a capacitorand 4 tvs and im adding more tv thi summer.and its all stock even the battery , but iam upgrading to a optima yellow top battery and thats about iti also drive a 1999 pathy LE

bullrid
Car: 01 Pathfinder LE

as for the stereo. if you are already getting aftermarket deck and amp/subs, then you rarely need anything else besides a wire harness adapter. it plugs into the stereo wiring and then to the stock harness. this is usually, yeah, about 20 bucks. as for all the other junk like caps and different batteries, it is not needed. i am running 1200 watts rms at 4 ohms through 2 12s and my lights dont dim or anything. no cap or nothing more than 4 gauge wiring going to the amp. i have thought of the "big 3" upgrade but thats about it. still using the stock radio for my system, sounds great. - 01 Pathfinder LE

Pisspi
Car: 06 & 95 Pathfinder SE's

You're gonna have to get under the dash and look around for a cable that may have disconnected. I don't know much about your year Pathfinder, but maybe take apart the dash. The cable may have also disconnected itself from the levers.

nissandoms47
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6-Custom 7" lift-33-1250R15 BFG KM2- a bunch of other s*** i cant think of

for your vent problem, i take it you have the automatic climate control with the tempurature display. (not the knob ones) if so i would think that that unit went out causing your weird problems.

Johnni
Car: 99 Pathfinder SE

tha
nissandoms47 wrote:for your vent problem, i take it you have the automatic climate control with the tempurature display. (not the knob ones) if so i would think that that unit went out causing your weird problems.
that's what someone said too. and yes, i do have the automatice digital climate control. i love this car and wont get rid of it. low miles, so i just want to fix it. ill start looking for a climate control. anyone know where i can get a new/used automatic digital climate controller besides the stealership?

as well for audio/video, yea im just going basic 2 12'' subs, amp and maybe a NESA In-Dash Dvd.

nissandoms47
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder SEV6-Custom 7" lift-33-1250R15 BFG KM2- a bunch of other s*** i cant think of

i think some of the older QX4 ones will interchange with your pathfinder too, like 2001 and down i think, just the ones with the older dash style. i would check carpart.com for that unit.

rubiconxj
Car: 2001 QX4, 1980 280ZX 10th Anniversary

As for the climate control, you can run a self-diagnosis test. At least I was able to on my 01 QX4. It tests all the temp sensors that are involved in the auto climate, the door mix, vent selection, etc.

Give me your email if you need the procedure. It might be something simple. If not I have seen a couple for sale on ebay.

Jonathan

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”