Couple problems, hoping somebody has some answers!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
DRIFTER-M
Car: s14
s13 VERT!

So, I just bought a new vert! I have owned a few S-Chassis, but this is my first vert, so there is some stuff that is entirely new to me...

Sorry in advance for all the questions, but again, never have owned a vert - need some knowledge dropped on me! Haha.

Picture #1 : This is the drivers side window/quarter window. As you can see, the weatherstripping stuff they use to seal the window with the top is missing over the quarter window. I have heard this is a pain to find OEM. My question is, has anybody found a replacement for this? Anyway to fix it? I need to being that there is a 1 inch gap or so between the top of the window and the top itself, and I really want to fix that! Also, you can probably see that even where the stripping is on the side window, it still doesn't seal quite properly... any suggestions? Thanks!

Picture #2 : This is also of the drivers side window/quarter window. This is the area without the stripping on it. I noticed there is a slight gauge in the metal. Will the be a big issue? Anything I can do to fix this/replace the metal on the top?

Picture #3 : *Sorry in advance if the rotation of the picture is whack, I rotated it and saved it several times, but for some reason it keeps getting reverted? Anyhow, this is the PASSENGER side window/quarter window. As you can see, Square #2 shows the window/quarter window is crooked. I don't know why it is off, the car is pretty strait. I figured out that if I have the door closed and both windows up, that it is actually strait. When I put the top on it and latch it, however, it knocks it out of alignment and makes it crooked. I believe the coulprit is the quarter window, because as you can see in square #2, there is a small gap between the back of the quarter window and the top. Probably about a half an inch. Any experience, suggestions, or ways to fix it?

Picture #4 : This is the gap between the PASSENGER quarter window and the top. Just wanted to show exactly what was happening. Hope it helps...

Well, that is about it for now! I almost feel like a beginner to S-Chassis again, the vert has so many new things I never had to experience before! Haha!

Thanks in advance!

biggie
Car: '16 Q70L/'14 Q60S Vert/'19 Armada/'09 FX35

Probably want to look around for a Vert in junkyard or on ebay. Pretty sure none of that is available from the dealer.

#3 and #4 are probably the same issue and it would have to do with the alignment/track of the passenger quarter window. Unfortunately it may be the track/guide which is also not available from the dealer.

Others may have some ideas of what to use instead of OEM parts.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”