Couple of issues HELP PLEASE

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
Shady Gray
Car: 96 NISSAN 240SX S14, GRAY EXTERIOR, KA24DE 2.4 I4 DOHC, 5 SPD, 17" MOTEGI WHEELS, TOYO EXTENSA TIRES, TOKICO COILOVERS, HID HEADLIGHTS, INJEN INTAKE.  

So I drive a 96 240sx and I have a couple of issues that I cant seem to put my finger on perhaps everyone can help. First issue is the clutch when I get in the car in the morning every morning to be exact the clutch pedal is on the floor board and I have to manuelly adjust it to correct possition to push it in to fire it up. I have a F1 stage 2 clutch and new flywheel only 6 months or so old. My other issue is when I get to third gear and about 35-40 mph a very loud ratlle/vibration occurs. Any kind of help would be much appreciated thanks.

jdmxpress
Car: 93 s13, red top sr20det
91 s13 (build in progress)

the clutch issue is because you are losing pressure somewhere. i would start with re-bleeding the clutch line to make sure there is no air bubbles in the system. the easiest way is to just hook a clear hose to the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder and have someone pump the clutch slowly (make sure the master cylinder stays full) keep pumping until there is no more air in the line. if you continue to have the same problem i would replace the clutch master cylinder, they are only like $20, then if that doesnt fix it replace the slave. the clutch system is pretty basic man, but i would start there bro. and the rattle could be exhaust rattle, or something loose. good luck man :biggrin:

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”