COUPLE MORE MODS: SPRINGS/COUPE MID PIPE

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
RED_DET
Vendor
Car: 2004 6 speed G35 Sedan, 2011 G37x, 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R SR20DET, C7Z06

Today I installed 350z springs up front using OEM sport struts and G35c springs in the rear using OEM sport struts. The coupe midpipe was also installed. Install time for everything was around 2hrs. I must say I am very pleased with my decision after long debate. The ride seems to be the same, the drop is very nice and even, although everything is still settling. It is definately noticeable and wifey approved. The midpipe came off as easy as it went on. I can now vouch that the sedan mid pipe is one big A$$ piece and heavy. I took the time to weigh both, results as follows: (1) Me on scale by myself; 195lbs. (2) Me on scale holding sedan midpipe; 237lbs (3) Me on scale holding coupe midpipe; 212lbs. Thats a difference of 25lbs, which is ridiculous that NISSAN/INFINITI every did that. The sound is nice and deep, definately noticeable on startup and under slight acceleration. NO DRONING!!. It is definately a must modification not for sound alone, but come on 25lbs is alot of weight hanging from your car. I also took the liberty to post some pics:

The first 3 are before the install, the rest are after: (56K might not be happy)

Today I installed 350z springs up front using OEM sport struts and G35c springs in the rear using OEM sport struts. The coupe midpipe was also installed. Install time for everything was around 2hrs. I must say I am very pleased with my decision after long debate. The ride seems to be the same, the drop is very nice and even, although everything is still settling. It is definately noticeable and wifey approved. The midpipe came off as easy as it went on. I can now vouch that the sedan mid pipe is one big A$$ piece and heavy. I took the time to weigh both, results as follows: (1) Me on scale by myself; 195lbs. (2) Me on scale holding sedan midpipe; 237lbs (3) Me on scale holding coupe midpipe; 212lbs. Thats a difference of 25lbs, which is ridiculous that NISSAN/INFINITI every did that. The sound is nice and deep, definately noticeable on startup and under slight acceleration. NO DRONING!!. It is definately a must modification not for sound alone, but come on 25lbs is alot of weight hanging from your car. I also took the liberty to post some pics:

The first 3 are before the install, the rest are after: (56K might not be happy)

[/URL][URL=http://img135.imagevenue.com/img.php?lo ... garage.jpg]

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”