Coupe Memory Seat question

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
hughey
Car: '07 G35 Coupe

Just purchased my second coupe ('07 Lakeshore Slate auto with Premium/Sport suspension/Nav) and am getting used to the differences. The owner's manual states that you can program the memory seat to move back and steering wheel to move up upon exiting the car, but I have tried the programing outlined in the manual and didn't have any luck. Is this feature really available on the car or is it something that only the sedan will do? I did a quick search and didn't find an answer. Any help will be appreciated. Love the bluetooth feature, btw.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Welcome to NICO!!

I'm not sure about the memory function...but G_Whizz might know.

G_whizz
Car: 2010 G37 Coupe Sport

Welcome to NICO!

Actually there is a post about this that came up I think last week... someone was having the same problem.

I haven't tried mine yet, but I will and post back to let you know if it worked or not

Post some pics of her in the meantime!!

ACoupe

Isn't it the reverse of what you're attempting? The way I read it was that if someone else drives your car, and sets your seats to their liking, you can reset your seats to their programmed setting by hitting the unlock on your key fob as you approach the car.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Why don't you return to the dealer & let them show you how to do it?After all you did give them all that money.

Telcoman

hughey

Thanks for the input. What I am referring to is the exit feature that is supposed to move the seat back and bring the steering wheel up to make entry and exit easier. According to the owners manual, this feature can be turned on or off by holding the set button for 10 seconds while the key switch is in the lock position. I would take it back to the dealer, but that is 4 hours away. I had to drive to Houston to get the car that I wanted. The local dealership wanted $1500 to locate the car in the right color and features, so I did some searching and found it myself. The salesperson was not very helpful in showing me the car when I picked it up (had a migraine). I might try to get an answer by phone.

ACoupe

Is your car a manual or atuo? It states it comes available only on auto cars?I didn't even see that feature in the guide!I will have to check it out tonight!!!

hughey

My car is an '07 coupe with auto trans. The feature is outlined on page 3-34 of the owner's manual under INITIALIZING ENTRY/EXIT FUNCTION.

When I have tried to hold the set switch for more than ten seconds, when I release it I get a flashing light on the 1 position switch. I didn't count, but it flashed about ten times.

I also haven't gotten the avg mpg setting to register anything except ***. I've tried to reset with the joystick, but no luck. I'm sure I'll get it all worked out.

Paul

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”