Counter protest Driving - thoughts from Gabe Suarez

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Part 2:
http://blog.suarezinternational.com/201 ... t-two.html

PS: For those who dont know of him, Gabe Suarez is an iconic Firearms and Personal Protection Trainer

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Since you did not share your opinion, I assume you liked these articles. I suppose if one can get past the blatant fear mongering and liberal bashing, he has a few good self defense suggestions that might help one avoid some potentially dangerous scenarios, however rare they may be. Many of his suggestions, like keeping up to date on traffic/protest delays to avoid problem areas, keeping one's cool, thinking about escape routes, breaking traffic laws to escape danger, etc, are simple common sense. I don't agree with all of his ideas, like spare guns, or the choice of car to drive or his misguided political hatred. But to anticipate angry responses from extreme right NRA guys, just because I may not agree with all of his gun opinions, does not mean I'm anti-2nd amendment. So please don't go there.

srellim234
Car: 2007 silver Versa SL
hatchback w/CVT
(sold 08/2011)
2008 red Toyota Prius
(purchased 04/2016)

There may be some decent ideas on personal safety in there but I didn't bother past the first paragraph.

"Americans kicked out the communist government"???? Another diatribe by someone on a lunatic fringe without proof.

"like an unending Rodney King riot in some places"???? Specifically where? Multiple protests have occurred in various places in our 3000+ miles coast to coast but absolutely nowhere has it been "unending" in any single location.

"Some well respected authorities have even suggested..."??? Sorry but if you insist the media is manufacturing fake news by not naming sources, you have to name yours as well. Who are these "well respected authorities" and their qualifications to make such a claim? What real-life verifiable facts are they basing their claims on? At this point Gabe Suarez's "well respected authority" could be an escapee from the dementia wing at Bellevue claiming to be an expert.

As for trying to blame the left for the violence, one needs only to look at abortion clinic bombings and killings along with the KKK cross burnings and lynchings over the years to see that this is not a recent phenomena to be blamed totally on the liberal side of the equation.

Return to “Politics Etc.”