Cost to UN-Lower a G35? (lift it back to Stock height!)

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
BioG35

Hello all!
First post here.

So let me start off by saying and pointing out that I know jack about modding cars - just, was never really my thing.. (I can appreciate more performance modifications, but cosmetic modifications.. no, not really).

Anyways, I'm looking at a 2006 G35 Coupe and I just went to look at it in person and confirmed what I thought from the pictures: the damn thing is lowered.

Not only that, but I think it has larger rims than stock. It's obvious they're not stock rims, but I'm not sure if the actual rims themselves are larger also, or what (ex: just a visual illusion from the car being lowered). I asked the dealer and he said that he THINKS they're 19" rims (but he had to do one of those lean-your-head-back-and-look-at-the-ceiling for divine intervention, on recalling information about that specific vehicle).

Anyways, I really, really don't care for lowered vehicles. Annoying as hell to drive, and I think it's just.. moronic to have to drive around needing to be cautious of "oh no I might hit a bump!! Hope the entire planet is perfectly flat today!" and really just the overall impracticality of it (ex: needing to pull into ANY sloped pavement, driveway, parking lot, even just going over simple speed bumps, etc. with full-blown elderly caution).

SO..
As I'm completely unfamiliar with this area, I come to ask a few questions.
  • How much would it cost to UN-Lower the vehicle back to its STOCK height? (basically, just undo whatever lowering took place).
  • What all is required?
  • What questions do I need to ask? (ex: anything about a suspension package?)
  • Would the suspension package that the vehicle MIGHT have come with originally, not even matter anymore? (as far as price, etc. goes to undo the lowering job)
  • Would the size of the rims influence anything, for any reason?
Those are the questions that I could think of right now to ask you guys. I would REALLY appreciate help with answering the above questions.

The vehicle has 66k miles on it and is going for $15k. Has an aftermarket exhaust, air intake, and aftermarket rims on it (Vertini rims).
Do you think this is "too much hassle" (so to speak) with respect to the price for this vehicle? (I DON'T mind the time, I'm more concerned with the numbers, in this case the associated cost to "fix" this modification).

I look forward to hearing from you guys! ALL replies are greatly appreciated!
- BioG35

Starter
Car: 13 G37X sedan
11 G37S sedan

Did the car come with the original parts taken off when the lowering was done? If not, it's gonna cost you a chunk of change to A) buy all the parts and B) have them installed. If it were me, I'd pass on it.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Find another vehicle

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”