Corner Lamp Help

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
KennyLyles
Car: 00 Nissan Quest

Hello. I recently purchased a 2000 Nissan Quest and trying to figure out the role of the corner lamps. The corner lamps uses 3157 bulbs which are high bright and low dim. I am unsure about the operation of the corner lamps. Are they supposed to assist with braking,parking or turning, or do they turn on with the headlights? I'm asking because the corner lamp fuse keeps on blowing when I try to turn the headlights on. I suspect there is a short somewhere but I am willing to do some rewiring if I have to. I also own a 99 Durango and the parking lights are also the signal markers. The quest has its own dedicated turning signal and I'm quite confused by it. Thanks.

ricebike
Car: 1989 240sx se 5spd (donated to my brother in law)
2002 Quest
2005 Altima

welcome to NICO

the corner lamp's low dim is used with the parking lights and/or headlights, like a marker light

when you hit left or right turn signal, the high bright light will also go on to "aid" the driver to see around that turn.

here's an owners manual if you don't have yours in the glovebox:

http://www.nissanextendedwarranty.com/o ... -Quest.pdf
The cornering light provides additional illumination toward the turning direction. The light on the turning direction side comes on when a turn is signaled with the headlights on.
page 2-17

maybe you have a short to ground around one of those bulbs...

Return to “Quest Forum”