Cops and their toys

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
nucking futs
Car: 1999 Q45t

I got caught one day speeding the this good old boy cop came up to the window and said.

Cop "Boy, you know how fast you were going?"Me "The first or second time I saw you?"

Needless to say he didn't think that was funny.

FarFetched
Car: Suzuki SV1000S.

If you look closer to some vehicles with really dark tint, you might see a WSP (WA state patrol) car because new lightbars are so slim and they put in behind glass way up high so goofy drivers wont see it till it too late. So far (riding bike) I've seen white Volvo, LC (you've described) RangeRover, Chevy Tahoe all unmarked vehicles! Also I've seen regulkar Crown Vics completely unmarked with dark tint and light bars tacked nicely behind glass. One giveaway is XMT Lic plate or ending with WSP. Cheers! I love WSP bikes, they are getting BMW and Yamaha ....Nice

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

There used to be a Porsche 911 Turbo with the CHP some years back. Was a drug-bust car that had been commandeered. Then that same department tried to ask for more 911's for future police cars because they "needed fast cars to catch the speeders" or some such rationalization.

The local legislature nix'ed that! And took away the Porsche they had been using.

Z

Q45Racing
Car: 1991 Q45t w/HICAS STILLEN CAI, JWSTB, CALI CUSTOM, TOKICO

used to have a pic of a 90-93 Q45 cop car being used in San Bernardino Calif. been thru some hard drive crashes will see if i can find it. it was a BLack Q

Strate L o s s
Car: 91 q45, triple burgundy

in brooklyn ny, ive seen under covers drive every thing from the newer mercury sables, to the older toyota land cruisers, impalas and crown vics are the greater number, all highway patrol are the ford crown vics, in the bronx maj deegan expressway, and in manhatten, i have seen nyc taxi cabs, in staten island under cover cars such as as older 8series, dunno if 850 or 840 it was unbadged and had chrome rims of at least 17inchs on them, dunno if those out of the ordinary vehicles are just impounded vehicles or not, a trick that has saved me a few speeding tickets is, if u see a strange car that might be a cop pull up behind you, dont hit the brake automatically, for first gen q drivers, just drop the car str8 into second gear and coast untill u hit 55, then put it back into drive, on this particular model the cars downshift slows it speed, as apposed to a c-class mercedes, i tried it once on a c class, and the car went into neutrel instead of second gear untill i slowed the car down to apropriate speed for second gear operations.

1998greenQ45
Car: 1998 DJ2 Q45 100% stock (and yes....proud of it!) however subtle upgrades are planned

<<Given that the Q is as fast as it is>>

...it's suprising that troopers don't use the Q to make their rounds...or do they??yup, they certainly do! although frustratingly, i cannot locate any of the photos i haveof Q-police cars (i have 2000+ Q pix so it becomes confusing) and i have @ least5 or 6 of them...

they are all 1st gen Qs, and i do recall that 1 was a very clean looking gold Qdriven by a trooper in New Mexico. another Q was all black and w/ sweetlooking 5spoke wheels- so some officer is drving around in a Q w/ nicer wheels thanmine. great. lol

hopefully i can find the pix, if they are new to you guys, you will be mildly amused..

i was always jealous while visiting my gparents in Fla, where plenty of cops cldbe found behind the wheel of new Corvettes- that ain't right.

i'll post the cop_Q45s when i find em

bmwkiller
Car: '90 Q

FarFetched wrote: One giveaway is XMT Lic plate or ending with WSP.
This in only relevant to Washington residents...I read an article in the paper about a year ago indicating that the WSP ran out of possible combinations of license plates that ended with the letters WSP and they were issuing new plates that did not have that desigation. Something to watch out for. Also, not all the unmarked cars have XMT on the plate. They're wise to that. When I'm passing a car that I think may be a cop, like a Crown Vic or Tahoe, I look for stickers on the back. Any kind of sticker. Bumper sticker, parking sticker in the window, or any kind of funny/cheap-o license plate frame. Police cars will not have any of that crap on them. Also, the cop cars will not have any kind of dealer sticker or license plate frame with the dealers name.

IvoryJ30t
Car: 95 Maxima GLE, 95 Maxima GXE

plate frames or cover are generally illegal, so you would be hard pressed to find them on a cop car.

nchopp
Car: 2007 BMW M6
2002 Infiniti Q45
2005 Infiniti QX56

JT_MONEY_2004 wrote:What i cant stand is the off duty cop violating the law....like doing 65 in 35 zone for no apparent reason, except it's a sunny day and the Altima S or Superbike is clean.
Key part of that phrase: "No apparent reason". You don't know what you're talking about. Said individual may be a Reserve cop on his way to an emergency, or any of multiple situations.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”