Copper anti-seize on caliper pins?

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Fosty
Car: 2001 Infiniti QX4 2WD

Not really a QX4 specific question here.
So I know you're supposed to use a brake grease on these, but I've spent too much money already and want to use something else I've got already.
I've heard some people use anti-seize, so I figured I'd just go ahead and use that. Is something terrible going to happen if I do?

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Not worth the risk using the wrong grease where it should never be used. AutoZone, O'Reilly, Carquest, and many others sell single use brake caliper pin grease packets for about $1.

macgiver

mdmellott has good advice here , but to "break it down " - you got metal on metal threads that I guess can be hit with anti-seize , IF , you use sparingly , BUT the actual SLIDE part of the pins , which have like silicone rubber 'condom' over it , definitely , like mdmellott says ought to use caliper slide -specific grease . So it's how you phrased the question , and everybody gets that ya just hate stuck pins - they break too easy .But I see it as two separate places to lube , and the threaded end only , going into the brackets are very probly OK w/anti-seize. Yeah! If that's the situation with yours , that they are a very much separated areas to lube , that the anti-seize doesn't get into the slide part . It may sound moot , to just get the caliper grease ? But I like how well antisieze works on tight threads , which see heat , like - have both - use both .

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”