Coolant leak. Water pump?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
tjrob2000
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey sedan

I discovered I have a coolant leak on my '07 G35 Journey recently and think I've found the culprit. It looks like it's the water pump. After changing the oil and letting it run a bit I can see a drip on the driver side at the bottom of the engine. Not coming from any hose, but looks like from behind the timing chain cover. Seeing as the water pump is internal this would make sense. See the link to the pic below. Just looking to verify. Also, has anyone used the Aisin water pump? Rockauto only has this or a Beck/Arnley for the HR engine.

http://s1172.photobucket.com/user/tjrob ... 8.jpg.html

imcraig2
Car: 2008 infinity g35

Yes. just did the job myself on a g35 coupe. It is a pain in the butt if youh ave never done it before but this site hads ome great tips. I got that pump and had great reviews so far so good.

tjrob2000
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey sedan

How big a deal is it to remove the timing cover? From videos I've seen, I think on the DE engine, there are two covers for the tensioner and pump. Is that the case on this engine? If not, what other seals will I need? It's not clear in the Haynes or factory manuals. Is the oil pan sealed with RTV? Just preparing myself mentally and parts wise for this job.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”