Coolant leak from Intake Manifold #2

Forum for the Xterra, Frontier and Hardbody, the smaller workhorses of the Nissan lineup!
keo_guam
Car: 2002 Nissan Altima and 2002 Nissan Frontier

Just wondering i just bought my very FIRST truck in my life and now i have a coolant leak on intake manifold #2. does anyone with a 2002 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab XE V6 ever had this problem. i am being quoted anywhere from 500-1200 for the repair. does anyone know or could give me some advice on how to recitfy my issue or how to go about fixing it myself. i love my truck and i wanna get it fixed before it gets too late in the game. thanks Johnny

OM3GA
Car: A Sexy Mobile, 1993 Nissan 240sx 180sx Hatcher

Not sure how hard it is to get that intake manifold off your self but just get a new gasket and take off the manifold off put the new gasket on and torque it to specs,Make sure you drain the coolant first as much as you can other wise it will be a mess well it will be either way but hey, not tryin to be clean,Anyways thats all you need to do i dont know why it would cost that much to fix unless it is a crazy pita,but then again mechanics work anywhere from 70-200 an hour lol.GL

Return to “Nissan Trucks Forum”