Converting a DETT to a single turbo?

Discuss topics related to the VG and VE series engines.
importdragon240
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx

Hey! I'm getting a vg30dett that I ordered next weekend. Because of room, as well as maybe easier things to do with a single turbo...what would I have to do to make it a single instead of a twin turbo? I know the intake manifold would need to be changed for one...I'm on a very limited budget right now so any tips would be nice. If I can't afford to do the conversion what would work with the twin turbo setup? Thanks!

Sil240

Well doing a engine swap thats not a SR is def gonna cost extra$$$Especially a V6 TT

I have no idea really, I'm only guessing.Your gonna have to get2 - T25 flanges and some pipe bring the pipes both foward to a 2 to 1 collector.I'm assuming your going to a T4 based turbo.Your then gonna have to get a single inlet 2 outlet IC.

Your engine bay is going to be very cluttered.I say you sell that TT engine to a Z32 guy then get yourself a RB.Will cost you about the same, (counting in all your custom work) you will have about the same HP, not as much torque but much easier to install and work on.

But if your gonna stick with it.Good luck!!!Def post pics!!!!!!!!

OOzy9mm
Car: Nissan 300zxtt

It can be done.....there are a few problems such as the intake manifold and the addition o2 senors....but there is a solution.....what you have to do is get the ecu from a 92-94 maxima.....it is prettey much same as vg30 ecu but it comes with a single 02....also i have been working to find a solution to this problem because i wantt to drop a single turbo in to my 93 z32 tt......fun times.....also the ecu from 92-94 maxima se is a direct fit into a z32 harnesse... you can get an intercooler with one in and two out and keep the stock intake...\

OOzy

importdragon240

Hey sup? Thanks for the info. I'll keep it in mind in case I decide to do it later. I've decided for now to just get the motor in first, and then if I decide to later, I may do it..for now I just need to get the car running soon.

BlackRC3
Car: 1990 Nissan Fairlady

I have all the parts you need, i'd just have to make copies for ya, exhaust manifolds and down pipe if your interested.

Realdeal180SX
Car: 2003 Corolla LE

VG30DET........problem solved.

importdragon240

Hey man, u still got those parts, the down pipe and so on that u mentioned making copies of a while back? If so what would it run me?

Koshin
Car: JP'd out Y32 Gloria GTU, 750 hp '87 Grand National, '63 Impala SS 327/4 speed

you could get an intake manifold off of a VG30det and just run a similar setup to the setup posted above...thats actually my car posted above

lol

Return to “VG30 / VE30 Forum”