convertible top wiring

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
EmaSe
Car: 240sx convertible

hey i converted my vert to right hand drive and am thinking of using the whole jdm body harness and interior harness. is there a way to wire the top so its still automatic? or am i going to have to just extend all the wiring of the original harness?

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

the JDM harness was never meant to accept the convertible top. You may have to create the wiring for the top. To be honest, it's not a small task and it will be very very difficult.

Get an FSM for the convertible (about $30 on ebay) and begin to get yourself very very intimate with the vert's harness.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

EmaSe wrote:hey i converted my vert to right hand drive and am thinking of using the whole jdm body harness and interior harness. is there a way to wire the top so its still automatic? or am i going to have to just extend all the wiring of the original harness?
I don't know exactly how to do it, but it doesn't strike me as being that difficult to do if you had to start from scratch...

The top should have two issues... power and ground to the motor, both running through the switches in the dash. The switches should be simple direct and reverse polarity to send either and forward or reverse signal to the motor to make the top go up or down. I would think it would be possible to base it off of any 12V accessory power lead then run custom wires back to the motor. the other issue is that the stock 'vert is designed to incorperate the little rear windows into the function of the vert... if they are up and you try to put the top up, they should automatically go back down during that process. I would think that you could just forget about that and set up the rear windows to work independent, but in the same wiring fashion as the top... it has to just be a power and a ground to the motor with two polarities to go up or down based on the switch.

Can anyone else support this... Perhaps someone with a little more actual experience and a little proof instead of my theories?

EmaSe
Car: 240sx convertible

i figured out tthe wiring for the top. it was pretty easy u were right when u have to just reverse the polarity. the windows still need to be figured out but i dont think it will be much of a problem. has anyone actually done this before?

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”