Convertible top replacement instructions?

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
ludoZici
Car: 1993 300zx 'vert, 234k and kickin'

I'm about to undertake the replacement of the top on my '93. I've searched high and low for replacement instructions, did find a removal procedure on YouTube, but nothing covering (pun intended) the install process.

I'm watching installs for other vehicles, e.g., Miata, Mustang, etc., and would really like to get some feedback from anyone in the Z 'Verse that's done this for tips and pointers.

I'm not entirely certain a top install is "do the reverse of the removal."

Thanks in advance!

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

Why not reverse of removal? then re-adjust as per '93 FSM staring on page BF38. (actual pdf page 796/1120)

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... 93_FSM.pdf

ludoZici
Car: 1993 300zx 'vert, 234k and kickin'

The removal video was generated by someone who owns a Z, not someone who routinely replaces tops, and they found the installation process too challenging to do it themselves. I suspect installation requires following specific steps to ensure proper fitment, front to back, back to front, center bow first, etc. As the FSM doesn't cover removal and installation, better to ask those who may have successfully completed the task rather than make guesses and make a mess of things!

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”