Convertible top dings.

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
Potomac-Greg
Car: 2009 G37 Convertible

Let's say, hypothetically, your dumass wife put stuff in the trunk and then opened the roof (successfully I might add). This act of femality punched through the thin cloth screen in the floor of the trunk, but did not seem to have any other adverse effects.

BUT I recently noticed two, symmetrical dings (one on each side) in the middle roof panel. If I observe the roof dropping, it is clear that the dings were inflicted by fittings on the glass panel. Now, it's possible that this goes back to the wife's actions, but I swear I didn't notice it until more recently. Any chance that the roof dinged itself?

PS: I can now confirm that these cars need at least TWO nice wax jobs to really look great. Of course, the next day it will rain.

TransformerTop
Car: 2009 G37 C - Premium, Nav, African Rosewood, Kickplates and Splash Guards

My friend was driving mine and accidentally ran it off a small curb when pulling out of a driveway. The bottom and middle panels slapped each other and produced 2 small dents in the middle panel. One on each side in exactly the same spot. Dealer fixed for free. They told me it was because I stopped the top mid way through the cycle. That's a bunch of BS guys. There is a flaw in the design. If you hit a speed bump too fast or off a curb. The panels will hit each other in the trunk and dent the panels.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”