Convertible Rear Spoiler / Integrated Antennae

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
jsweaz

I purchased my car in September of 2009 with the Rear Spoiler option, however, when the car arrived at port it was going to be held until the rear spoiler part was available. LOL! Seven months later and after many, many, many, many dealings with Infiniti Corporate and my local dealership I am told (and have confirmed) that my rear spoiler has arrived at the dealership. I have heard many stories about how the rear spoiler has been discontinued or was delayed due to manufacturing issues... so I'm not sure if this is a sign to you all that the spoilers are once again available or if they managed to find one laying around somewhere after seven months.

My only problem is that after all my griping and complaining over the past seven months... I've grown to like the chrome deck lid that is standard and I'm not sure I want to have the rear spoiler installed.

What do you all think?

Anyone interested in purchasing a Genuine Infiniti G37 Convertible black rear spoiler with integrated antennae and rear-view camera? :)

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I got my car back in July 2009, and my spoiler came in about 2 months later.

It definitely changes the look and the landscape of the back end, but IMO, I think it looks much better with the spoiler than without. It did take some time to get used to seeing it on there, but after having it on there for 8 months now, it looks like it belongs there, and it gives the back of the car a little more personality, a little more contour.

I have had no issues with the radio signal, and the different XM bump is actually smaller (and more asthetically pleasing) than the rounded one at the base of the rubber radio antenna.

I'd say go for it, you won't be disappointed... Unless you really have come to love the look of the chrome mini-spoiler and are willing to deal with the rubber antenna (or the stub antenna that NICO forum member cmesurf makes) Plus, it adds value to the resale value of the car, no?

jsweaz

The original reason why I wanted the rear spoiler was because of the AM/FM antennae integration. When the spoiler was not available at the time of delivery, I was able to get Infiniti to agree to eliminate the MSRP of the spoiler from the price of my car and instead give me a 'We Owe' certificate for the spoiler plus installation. Since it has taken an additional seven months, I have also received a $250 service credit from Infiniti.

I am currently not unhappy with the way my car looks and I figure that if the rear spoilers are so difficult to order then maybe there is someone out there who really, really, really wants one would want to purchase it from me. I can then put the money towards the Ellsworth Enlightenment 29er that I've had my eye on and everyone is happy! :)

jsweaz

Well... I decided to have the rear spoiler installed. My dealership said that this was the only one they have received and the first one they've installed. I love it! I'm glad I didn't sell it! :-). I do have the original chrome pieces if anyone is interested.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

Good man! Told ya you would like it :yesnod

It took me a little bit to get used to the look, but it definitely makes the back of the car look better. Plus no more rubber antenna! When I got my spoiler installed, I never even thought about taking back the chrome pieces... and my dealer didn't mention anything about it. Oh well.

Great pics!

jsweaz

That chrome piece is just plastic.

I really do like the spoiler. Ya ya ya you told me but I was worried.

Thanks for the push! :)

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”