Convertible door panel mounting

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Lord Umoja
Car: 1993 240SX 'Vert

Anyone have photos of how the door panels mount to the doors in the convertible? My driver door panel is trying to escape and is completely detached around the bottom and front (dashboard) side. Any help would be great!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Hey, this video is kind of nice. If you have manual windows, you'll need to pop the clip off of the handle and slide that off. The video doesn't show it, but I seem to recall 3 or 4 more screws along the bottom edge of the door. Take your panel all the way off. Inspect the few snap in plastic parts (maybe two on the leading edge and three on the trailing, I don't remember exactly). Look for missing screws. Replace the plastic snap ins with new ones and make sure you have or get all the screws. Compare it to your passenger side if stuff seems missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X60LYQiUsP0

Lord Umoja

So if I'm following that correctly, the bottom of the panel is only snapped on? This may be easier or a whole lot harder than I expected.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

The bottom edge is held onto the metal door with 3 or four snap in clips or screws, I don't recall which on your S13, but I think it was screws on mine. If it's screws, you'll see them and unscrew them, if it's clips, you'll just start pulling the door panel up as they pop free. Try pulling from the lower front corner first since it's easier to grab the door panel from there. You remove the screws and handles as shown in the video, unsnap/ pop off all the clips by pulling the lower edge away from the door, working your way up the front and rear edges. The top edge is the last edge to remove, it overlaps the top of the door along the window. Once the panel is free and kind of pivoting on the upper edge, you lift the entire panel upwards and off the lip of the door. Installation is reverse. You can do it. While you're in there, you'll have access to your speakers if you wanted to replace or remove those.

Lord Umoja

I got in and tightened the 2 screws on the upper section of the door. A third screw in window switch part is missing. The convertibles lack the handle on the door. As for the bottom, well those clips must be gone because it flaps around down there and no amount of smacking has set it back in place.

When I finally take the panel off Ill take the time to repair the crack in it and replace all those clips.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”