Convert automatic transmision to manuel

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
monsieurx
Car: Nissan 350Z

Hi,

I would like to know wich part I would have to change if I want to convert my 350Z 2003 automatic to a manuel transmission and if possible how much each part.

Thank!

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

You'll be better off selling the auto Z and buying a manual transmission.

It's not as simple as just switching the transmissions. The ECUs are different, you'd have to cut a hole in the firewall for the clutch passage, add a clutch pedal, add the master cylinder and the plumbing for the clutch line. You would also need to figure a way to wire the reverse lights up too. I'm sure I'm missing other things but those are just a few obstacles I can think of right away.

If you're looking for things to improve your auto transmission they are out there but you need to look for them. Mines of Japan has a racing shift kit that can make your car behave in a more sporty manner when you use the auto-manual feature.

wa2good
Car: too many to list

We actually have done a 5AT to a 6MT conversion before on a Z, ONCE. I repeat...... ONCE haha it was a huge pain in the but and just not really practical or worth doing.

I would just take the good advise of BusyBadger and sell the auto and get the manual

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”