controler, internal WG ??s

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
slikklogic
Car: 99 honda civic 1.8T!
95 240sx base/se

so i have a t28 on a 3in exhaust. i have this wg thats suppose to be 7 psi but has always ran at about 4 since installed.ive ran a couple leak tests and it holds good. now ive seen the system spike to 15 psi on the old wg but i just want this one to run 10 psi. soo i put on my turbo xs single stage manual controller and 5 or 6 turns later its finally up to about 11 or 12, but the problem is thru out the drive each pull became slightly less boost till im down at 7 or 8..is the controller over heating or sumthing? idr if i had this issue on the other car but the controller works fine on my civic

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Test the wastegate. Using a controlled pressure source and a gauge, check to see when the wastegate behind to open. If it items at about 4 psi, the wastegate is bad our not actually rated at 7 psi. If it opens at about 7, its something else.

slikklogic
95 240sx base/se

hm i dnt think i have a controled source.somebody said these boost valves stop that dip in boost cause its spring..any word on that product?

neverlift

then get a bike pump with a gauge attached...
it does sound like a pos mbc. But I can make one for 10 bux I know works I would think anyone could. Not familiar with the xs power unit but can it be taken apart, see if the spring is crushed. The only time I had any real mbc issues was when the spring caught the threads and no amount of adjustment would change anything.

get an ebc!

slikklogic
95 240sx base/se

Only thing is this xs power one is a valve.no spring inside..idk if thats causing a problem with internals..my other car is external and doesnt have a problem..were do u get the ball and spring for the home made mbc?? Id rather make my own then pay 40$ for a home made one

neverlift

ace hardware had both.. The ebay ones are almost cheaper though. They buy the parts in bulk.

lexcrob
Car: I get a different ride faster than I could update this.

just get a one way check valve and make a bleeder-- drill two holes in bolt one up center one into the side till they meet each other--use a nut to adjust amount of air that pass by and another to lock in place(jam nut) GHETTO as it gets but FREE!

Just make shur you put it close to wastegate so the pressure drops off right before it. I made one pretty simple then used shop air regulator and a pressure gauge to create a controlled pressure to test approx. "bleed".

^or get make or buy some pills" tiny orfice used to essentially create a lag. to wastegate actuator (they are used for other purposes too kinda techy boost actuators automatic cars etc. weird stuff)----no idea how to make one yet tiny hole!!!
^ or just buy a check ball one off egay 20$

Dont blow it up Cheers!
Last edited by lexcrob on Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lexcrob

Same concept used to control a FMU at least lean it out. I havent ventured to that yet gotta grab wideband anyways good luck.

slikklogic
95 240sx base/se

yea i should proly get a wideband. but do you think the spring type will fix it? im not sure if this one is just over heating and failing

lexcrob

Ive heard tons of problems with aftermarket wastegates. tial to ebay in general--> I have seen quite a few good reviews on emusa ones! We have a member who works for them too! I am probly going to be grab one for myself although i tried to look em up last night on ebay. Its almost like they are phasein them out?? stopped makin em maybe>>>

Anyways good luck if your in a pinch and want free you can use carb springs (any light pressure spring). - hook it to flapper and secure to anyting else and it blow open as boost builds pending mount location and spring strength. --this obviously has its draw backs
1- you will have turbo lag in the sense that at say 4psi it half open building boost slower<BAD>
^this might actually benefit in some ways now that i think bout it traction issues<<< or if you were automatic help ease shifting

2-id imagine heat would affect spring in its opening between hot/cold probly not much but <unreliable>

blahh blahh worst case spring breaks= no boost driver her home fix....HomeMadeTurbo guys seem to have luck with it

slikklogic
95 240sx base/se

i have the emusa turbo but jackasses game me like a 20lb wg..i only have 370cc lol i tryd the assister spring trick but i couldnt bring boost down enough. hmm carb spring huh.intresting never heard of that

neverlift

cut off a couple coils Thats what I have done to get down to 4psi so I can have a fast acting wg. and IF/WHEN it fails I should only make 10psi or so.

slikklogic
95 240sx base/se

u can cut coils in a internal gate?? how do you open it

neverlift

external.. my bad, on an internal you need to lengthen the rod..

slikklogic
95 240sx base/se

yea i had tryd that too lol.well this might take longer to test cause i just broke uff my oil return bung tighting it today.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”