Contemplating

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
CrashGordon

Ok, I am at a delimna. I am thinking about selling my BMW and getting an R33 GTR. I have one lined up, but I just dont know what to do. I am scared of being on the right side of the car when i have to pass someone, and things like this. What have you guys noticed in terms of inconvenience.

Chingon

some guy just got one here in the forums...maybe try asking him? Search for "my GTR" or something like that.

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

RHD driving is cool, you get used to it in about .. .3 seconds ;p not really hard at all. It is the same as being on the left side except you shift with your left hand now. OCASIONALLY it is weird trying to go left through an intersection making a left turn with an excursion or suburban or somthing going left (from opposite direction) in front of you but it isn't that bad at all. I would _definitely_ reccomend

CrashGordon

The guy is stopping by today. So i guess that we will be talking to see what i will need to do to get the car. I am soo excited b/c about 6 months ago i totalled my 97 240sx that i was putting a rb26 into (motor is still sitting in shop). That and my other toy car is a 1991 se-r with a gtir swap and a disco potatoe....

I love my BMW , but i really love my nissans, call me wierd, i feel odd driving a german car.

The guy said he has 6 GTR's to choose from.

gsxtasee

O.K. I am now getting leary of this guy... who has 6 GTR's already in the states to choose from? check the VIN substitue. if they don't have them, caveat emptor.

CrashGordon

the importer is evolution imports. I believe it is http://www.evolutionimpots.net I am hopefully going down to Ft. Lauderdale to check out a white r33 gtr v spec. We talked for probobly 2 hours, and he deals with any type of car that you want to import. He said that it would take about 4 weeks before everything is legalized and the cars are registered. The white one i am looking at only has 23k kilometers.

You guys should check the site out.

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

gsxtasee

if you're going to fla, check out the guy in the other thread... Skylines America... I think EI is probably doing the same thing as SA.. trying to sell cars that aren't yet legalized and then use your money to get them there.... hopefully. Good luck either way.

CrashGordon

hey i live in Orlando, and we work with this guy. He has the 6 in stock. He has been importing Mitsubish EVO's for like 3 years, and getting them legalized. He can be seen in most DuPont Registry's. He also works with some of the guys at MotoRex.

gsxtasee

did motorex legalize them then? If so.. does he have a R32 available? I want one.

gsxtasee

he has Skylines on his site but the pricing suggest that they are in Japan, available to be shipped anywhere... and then legalized. I have seen the site before and I know he has brought in cars before... but until they are legalized, I'm not giving anyone a penny.. not after my experiences with Mrex.. and they have a proven record of being able to legalize skylines. prior to my experiences with MR, I might have considered it though...

CrashGordon

I talked with him, and he said that the r32 gtr's are getting harder to find. The cars on the site are not in the country yet. you should give him a call, and tell Him that A.J. sent you. I am not certain wheather or not the you have to pay anything before the car gets here. I know that i am getting a loan and He will be supplying the american title before i can get the loan. Oh well, Just give him a call, he is really straight forward.

gsxtasee

where do you ive? if oyu live in CA or any other state that is at least semi-strict on DMV enforcement, you might want to ask for at least a pic of the VIN substitute before purchase... and ask what process he used to get the title... some states allow things that aren't federally legal simply because they are slack... SC doesn't even have a state inspection so you can drive around wit anything oyu want done to your car.. but not a chance in Cali. I'm not saying he's not legit, just saying make sure before you pay anything.

And as far as the U.S. Title is concerned, there was a scam a few years back about flood damaged, salvage cars from FL. having their titles "cleaned up" and then sold as non-salvaged cars... just be careful and as always caveat emptor!

CrashGordon

I live in Orlando FL, we have no inspections.

gsxtasee

you are one lucky bastard then. I have considered buying a place back home (in NC) and registering some of these "legal" skylines to that address and use it primarily for track use here in CA where the weather is much nicer and they have civilization ;-)

CrashGordon

Yea, I used to have a 800hp mustang that i drove around, it had no cats, No emissions equipment at all. Now my toy car is a 1991 nissan sentra se-r with a pulsar gtir swap, disco potatoe turbo (gt28rs), 100shot of Nitrous, 906cc injectors...

I am soooo happy we dont have emmisions testing. I never plan on leaving Florida for this exact reason

gsxtasee

well, since you live in FL, you do have the option of purchasing cars that meet your state regulations but that are illegal federally (as I'm sure you understand). in CA and the stricter states, you have only motorex for true legalization for now... but it is acknowledged that others are grey marketing these cars into states more lax in their knowledge and compliance standards...

CrashGordon

Yea, I guess florida has its benifits, except all the old people and the tourists. I am a 4th generation Floridian. I talked with the guy a couple of times about the car. I was unable to go and test drive it saturday, but hey it happens.

Plus if anyone wants to buy a BMW 330ci with dinan exhaust, dinan intake , dinan stage 2 chip, and carbon fiber engine cover. It also has 19x9 and 19x10 breyton imagine wheels. Just take over payment and you can have it. I am soo excited about getting the skyline that i have lost all interest in the BMW

gsxtasee

make certain the Skyline goes through before you ditch your current ride... just my $.02

jdmfreak

I have one question. How the hell do you pay the tolls?

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

LOL We don't have any. With 8.25% sales tax and 9% income tax, I guess Taxifornia can afford to not have them. Drivethru restaurants are another matter. Fortunately you will seldom be short of people willing to ride shotgun for getting lunch and making left turns.

CrashGordon

tolls?? i dont pay no stinking tolls!! no really, i have an s-pass, which allows you to just drive through the tolls and they send you a bill every month. As for drive throughs, i think i may have been to 3 or 4 in the past 7 years.

I am not going to sell my car without 100% reassurance that this deal is legit. So far everything looks good.

SAPrez
Car: Racing, Car Shows, Creative Arts, Sports

Yeah, let us know about the guys at Evolution Imports....Charles--I believe the cars this guy is dealing with he has put a deposit option-to-buy on them, if my information (3rd party neutral) is correct. Slightly better than myself. I'm still headed to AT monday to work out a similar deal.

mB

jdmfreak

Oh OK. We have tolls over here in NY/NJ and a couple other surrounding states. We also have an 8.25% sales tax, but Im not too sure on income tax though. That sales tax is a pain in the arse. We used to have 7.25%.

HeavyDuty
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
95 Nissan 240SX S14
96 Nissan D21
06 Nissan 350Z Z33

trying to get it this saturday

jdmfreak

Good luck.

silkk
Car: 94 B13, 89 S13, 07 S2000

post pics if you do get it :P

SAPrez