CONSULT... There's gotta be an alternative/hack, right?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Dj Blizzy
Car: 2015 Nissan Altima S Special Edition

Does anyone know of a diag tool equivalent to CONSULT III? I would like to preform the Idle Air Volume Learning on my 2015 Altima S by pressing a few buttons with CONSULT but dont have $3,000+ at my disposal. There's got to be an aftermarket scan tool that does everything CONSULT III does, right?

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I don't know where to get an affordable consult. The FSM has lot's of instruction that don't need one, including the idle air volume learning on your car. The tool isn't required for that procedure (FSM, EC chapter, page 180). I'm sorry that doesn't answer your question though. If you do find an affordable solution to Consult tools, like with a phone or laptop, please let us know. I also wonder if consult 3 is always needed or if 2 would work sometimes or not. I'd certainly be interested.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

The car should pretty much relearn that with a ECM ram collapse like removing the battery power. Or whatever method is used to kill the keep alive memory.

Idle air by virtue of what it is can't be pre-programmed in and has to be learned, at least the end state fine adjusting of it. It's too much a variable. Lots of things can mess with it though like TB aircrack and PCV flow and the condition of whatever the variable idle air device (stepper motor, IAC or other) is. Vacuum leaks will drive you wild there.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”