Console not working after interface installation

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
m4gnum
Car: Infiniti G35x, Infiniti G37x

Console not working after interface installation

Postby m4gnum » Fri May 26, 2017 10:09 pm

Hello.
I tried to install navtool interface in my non-nav 2009 Infiniti G37, the instructions were very unclear but I finally connected it correctly but my center console stopped working (screen, radio, ac, controls), also the emergency dash lights came up. I disconnected navtool and put everything like it was before but it did not help. I checked the connectors with a multimeter and most of them are not showing any plus, only minus. I checked all the fuses under the hood and on the driver side but all of them are having power. Now my car is not usable and I dont know what could be the issue. I tried to find some wiring and fuse diagram but I couldnt find it. Does anyone know which fuse is for center console?

telcoman
Car: 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796mi. 2013 Altima 2.5SV

Re: Console not working after interface installation

Postby telcoman » Sat May 27, 2017 2:51 pm

m4gnum wrote:Hello.
I tried to install navtool interface in my non-nav 2009 Infiniti G37, the instructions were very unclear but I finally connected it correctly but my center console stopped working (screen, radio, ac, controls), also the emergency dash lights came up. I disconnected navtool and put everything like it was before but it did not help. I checked the connectors with a multimeter and most of them are not showing any plus, only minus. I checked all the fuses under the hood and on the driver side but all of them are having power. Now my car is not usable and I dont know what could be the issue. I tried to find some wiring and fuse diagram but I couldnt find it. Does anyone know which fuse is for center console?
Have you checked out the FSM?

Factory Service Manuals - NICO Club

Factory Service Manuals - NICO Club

Telcoman

cesman

Re: Console not working after interface installation

Postby cesman » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:35 pm

This is similar to what I saw with my 2012 G25 after installing a iSimple. I blew and fuse, replaced it and found radio and center console inop. I tried a new radio but that too doesn't work. Power is going to the radio, the circular lights around the various knobs do turn on and AC work but I cannot control it. Please post your solution should you find one.

Thanks,

cesman

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”