Considering Seafoaming 2006 Sentra S 1.8L

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
crackhammer
Car: Nissan Sentra 2006 1.8S Special Edition

Hello folks,

Finally, a lot of none-so-diligent maintenance, I am in the process of tuning up the car. I have 103,000 on the odometer.
Have been doing a lot of things. I changed,
Air filters,
Spark plugs,
in the process of changing transmission fluid

I am considering putting Seafoam in brake booster vacuum line to clean up the engine. I also plan to put Marvel Mystery Oil or Kreen in crankcase just before changing the oil. I have a few questions about putting Seafoam in brake booster line.

Can someone confirm that I am pointing to the correct line with the red arrow? I need to open the clip and put Seafoam in black tube.
Any idea how much Seafoam I should put in there?

I just replaced my spark plugs last weekend with the new NGK OEM plugs. Will this treatment harm the plugs? I still have the old plugs so that I can put the old ones, run Seafoam and put the new ones back.

Thanks a lot in advance. Please comment if there is any chance of expecting the unexpected and any other advice.

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Yours and do what you will but after taking care of multiple cars for over 40 years I have NEVER used seafoam on ANYTHING. A scam in my view. Of course it will not help your new plugs. It can poison the O2 sensors and cat too to fail sooner, ANY extra HC does that, of course the instructions tell you it won't. It's bullsh-t.

I used to sell seafoam by the barrels and after interviewing hundreds that would tell the truth (and not Trump style alt fact truth either!) I came to the conclusion the only thing it has an effect on is owner brains and wallets. Of course I gave the required spiel to sell the product and thanks to the hundreds of people who gave me incentives based on sales of it. Now I can give some of that BACK.

Another statement about the crankcase oil........................just what is it you think you are 'cleaning' there? And if anything where do you think it goes when removed? BEARINGS, if there is anything to it.

Change your oil on a regular basis and forget about money stealing scams like that, you are doing NOTHING there, I don't care what ANYBODY tells you. And if you are, it's engine damage. Give it some thought.

crackhammer
Car: Nissan Sentra 2006 1.8S Special Edition

Thank you for being super blunt.

I just started working on my car after getting tired of paying $98/hr for the job that I could do it myself. Started reading up the forums to learn few things that I neglected.

The thing is, the mechanic used to put "some" oil during oil change and would charge me $40 for the oil change. I asked him a few times which oil he uses and never got a straight answer. Over the period of time, since acquiring the car used (@77000 miles) I noticed the performance started reducing, takes a while to accelerate esp in winter, feels like it doesn't want to accelerate, can't accelerate beyond 60, struggles to go uphill etc etc.
While reading up some discussion about sludge in the engine, thought that could be my one of the problems. Hence, trying to figure out if that is the problem so that I can clean the sludge in a hope to improve the performance. I know its not a sports car so don't expect to go 0-60 in 5 seconds, but this one takes about 20 seconds.

Since I am not too sure of what I am doing, I am asking all sorts of questions so that someone can point to the stupidity and give me some wise words.

Really appreciate you pointing this out, so won't go into Seafoam business. Any tip you can suggest to look at so that I can get the car to working optimally?

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”