Considering a Nissan Titan

Covering the 2003-2015 first-gen and 2016+ Titan and Titan XD lineup
Retired Chief

Hi all. I'm a long time Nissan customer but I've never owned a Nissan truck. I've been shopping for a new Nissan Titan. I'd like to get a king cab but I can't tell from pictures, reviews or any that I've actually seen if the rear windows go down. Is there a trim level or option in the king cab where the rear windows go down? I really don't want a crew cab because the beds are shorter. Thanks in advance for the help.

seang
Car: Ford Fiesta ST

The pics I saw of king cab Titan's didn't show any power buttons or window cranks, either.

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Hmmm, i'm not sure. You should definately hop over to your local dealership and test drive one though!

Desert Rat
Car: 2014 370Z M6 Base Coupe
2017 Frontier 4.0
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Quad Cab 4x4
1977 F150 4x4 Shorty BUILT
2008 Boulevard C90T
Previous owner of a bunch of Nissans

I think the power rear window is a CC feature only.

Retired Chief

Thanks for the replys. I visited 2 local dealers and drove 2 different Titans. I love the sound and the low end grunt the truck has. It's also my top pick on looks. But, unfortunately, the crew cab is not an option. I need a truck with the full bed but a truck with a full bed and 4 doors is way too long. That's why the king cab would be perfect for me. But, the rear windows not going down is a deal breaker. All the other trucks I looked at in this class have rear windows that go down. One other thing - power locks and windows are pretty standard on almost all vehicles now. I couldn't beleive that they were not even an option on the XE. Maybe I can wait a few months and see what changes have been made to the 2011 Titan.

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Out of curiousity, why is the rear side windows rolling down such a big deal? Not sure if its standard on all models, but after 05 or 06, the Titan got a big window in the rear that goes down. That should put a helluva breeze on rear passengers.

I think most, if not all trucks, do not have standard power windows and locks. Typically, this is an option many companies who buy trucks as work vehicles opt for. The Tundra is standard but has a work truck package that deletes the power stuff. Checked the Ford website and it appears power options are not standard on the XL models. Didn't check Chevy or Dodge, but I'd imagine its similar as they need to remain price competetive for potential buyers who don't care to provide for such amenities for their employees.

Retired Chief

I don't know about every trim level of every brand but all of the trucks I test drove, except the Titan King Cab XE, had power locks and windows and the back windows went down. In addition to the Titans, I test drove two Ford F-150 and two Toyota Tundras.

I know I'm going to get flammed for this, LOL, but the reason I need the rear windows to go down is because my wife and I have 3 dogs that often go places with us. Thus, why I need a big back seat and windows that roll down. Our other car is a 370Z so... * Flame suit on*

However, I've gone against everything I said earlier. I test drove a 2010 Titan SE Crew Cab today and fell in love with it. It has the bed extender in it so I think that wil cover the times when I will need a longer bed. Power locks and windows all around. I took possession of it today. Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Congratulations! After 6 years in production, the Titan should be a very reliable rig...

Heath

Dano
Car: '05 Nismo Frontier CC / '95 240sx base

Congrats Retired Chief!!! Post some pics!

C-Kwik
Car: 2013 Chevy Volt, 1991 Honda CRX DX

Congrats!

Retired Chief

Been really busy today. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

Return to “Nissan Titan Forum”